Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Front Wing

Vitz_man

Hi all, it's been a while since i've been on here but hoping to make my visits more regular.

Unfortunately, whilst in the body shop getting a new front bumper (Van drivers are the bain of my life!!!) the shaved apes fitting the bumper managed to damage a rusty patch on my front right wing making a very obvious hole in the wheel arch. What are my options for repairing?

Obviously I could patch it but I realise it might be nessisary and easier to just replace it. However, i'm quite cost concious at the moment so buying a new wing from Mr T is out of the question. Suggestions much appreciated! :)

Hi all, it's been a while since i've been on here but hoping to make my visits more regular.

Unfortunately, whilst in the body shop getting a new front bumper (Van drivers are the bain of my life!!!) the shaved apes fitting the bumper managed to damage a rusty patch on my front right wing making a very obvious hole in the wheel arch. What are my options for repairing?

Obviously I could patch it but I realise it might be nessisary and easier to just replace it. However, i'm quite cost concious at the moment so buying a new wing from Mr T is out of the question. Suggestions much appreciated! :)

Why not make them pay for a new one? They damaged it so they should get you another one. :rolleyes:

They blamed the fact that it was rusty and said that there was nothing they could do. I raised the issue with the insurance company (Direct Line) but they said that they stood by the garages assessment and further repairs would count as a claim. As any young driver should, I cherish my NCB. :D

In that case try to find a 2nd hand wing from the scrappy. Be cheaper than a new one & to have it painted. :thumbsup:

I agree with Raeman. Look online at scrapyars/brokers, get as many quotes as you possibly can and get the cheapest one.

Or, try either eBay or somewhere like euro car parts or german swedish and french or that type of spare part dealer. many times i have seen wings for little more then about 25 quid. Cheaper than a claim. paint will be the costliest factor but back to the scrapy, you may just find your colour anyway. There is also an online scrapyard system where you fill in the details of what you need and the scrapyards come to you with an offer, if they have the part! Can't remember the details but should be easy enough to find and Yaris' have bolt on wings, making replacement easier.