Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel

oriana

Hi I am on the verge of ordering a new xtr but need to know that i can get a spare wheel to throw in the boot, can anyone know where i could get one and what sort of price a'm looking at.

Cheers

Hi I am on the verge of ordering a new xtr but need to know that i can get a spare wheel to throw in the boot, can anyone know where i could get one and what sort of price a'm looking at.

Cheers

Hi Oriana,

They do come up on e-bay [i think there are a couple on at the moment]. Also PM Anchorman as he had one for sale recently. Prices vary, usually depending on condition of wheel and tyre £50 - £200ish

Cheers

Hi Oriana,

They do come up on e-bay [i think there are a couple on at the moment]. Also PM Anchorman as he had one for sale recently. Prices vary, usually depending on condition of wheel and tyre £50 - £200ish

Thank you do you know the size and how many bolts or will any of the same bolt number fit.

Cheers

Hi Oriana,

Thank you do you know the size and how many bolts or will any of the same bolt number fit.

I found 1 on eBay it has 4 holes for bolts my 4.2 rav has 5 is the new one the same??

Cheers

Hi Oriana,

I found 1 on eBay it has 4 holes for bolts my 4.2 rav has 5 is the new one the same??

Not sure of the size of wheel on the latest version of RAV - you need Anchorman, Duncerduncs, SCHM or any other new owner to confirm [or look in the brochure?] - I think they are 17"

It will be five hole. The one I have as a spare is of a different style to the ones on the car [XTR six spoke] but the diameter, width and offset are the same.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

EDIT

Oh Bu..er! I've been looking at the new RAV to check out the wheels for you and I want one now :huh:

EDIT

Oh Bu..er! I've been looking at the new RAV to check out the wheels for you and I want one now :huh:

.......well don't test drive one unless you are prepared for a b****ing off the Mrs :thumbsup:

Well Davrav I drove Anchs a few weeks ago + If you get a decent drive you WILL want one, :yes: I put more detail on a previous post but in every way they really drive superbly, fortunately there is no way I can afford one so for me its not a problem, but a little lottery win + I'd be off to the dealers.. :thumbsup: Stew

Well Davrav I drove Anchs a few weeks ago + If you get a decent drive you WILL want one, :yes: I put more detail on a previous post but in every way they really drive superbly, fortunately there is no way I can afford one so for me its not a problem, but a little lottery win + I'd be off to the dealers.. :thumbsup: Stew

Afraid I'm in the same boat as you there Stew :(

EDIT

.......well don't test drive one unless you are prepared for a b****ing off the Mrs :thumbsup:

Still getting earache :argue: from Anchorwoman then?

Not really but she couldn't see what was wrong with the old one so at the time she dug in a bit. I had to cough up over 9k to swap so it was hard to justify it. I am delighted with it but I did like that red.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also considering a new RAV4. Has anyone come up with a clever way to store a sparewheel on/in the new RAV4s, other than simply putting it in the boot?

I am also considering a new RAV4. Has anyone come up with a clever way to store a sparewheel on/in the new RAV4s, other than simply putting it in the boot?

buy a kids trike and then strap the wheel onto the saddle.... and use another strap to tie bike to towbar - hey presto! Well, I thought that was clever - :wacko: :wacko:

Or bolt one to one of the extra doors if you have 5 of them. What about doing a landrover idea and bolt it to the bonnet to keep the lid shut?

buy a kids trike and then strap the wheel onto the saddle.... and use another strap to tie bike to towbar - hey presto! Well, I thought that was clever - :wacko: :wacko:

Or bolt one to one of the extra doors if you have 5 of them. What about doing a landrover idea and bolt it to the bonnet to keep the lid shut?

What about bolting it up front as a rubber nudge bar?

'The car in front is a Toyota'............Well it is now :naughty:

On a more practical note, my spare is curently bolted to off side rear as picked up a nail sometime over weekend and having puncture repaired for the morning. Second time I have used it since purchase and reckon it has now paid for itself :thumbsup:

funny - on reflecting/reflection of above posts, it all seems to be oil burners - do oil burners have a problem with bursting tyres???? Maybe the extra weight or the 5 doors???

Thanks for all the suggestions. Putting the wheel on the bonnet or roof seems like the 'proper' way. My thinking is as follows, the time when I really don't want to be stranded without a spare wheel would be on a long holiday away in the Alps surrounded by mountain goats, impatient kids and a fed up wife. This would also be the time when I need every litre of boot space. Hence, I'd be darned to fill a quarter of the boot with a spare wheel just because Mr T decided to NOT include one.

I am somewhat baffled over Toyota's decision to make such a compromise on a car that at least has some mild off-road aspirations. From what I understand this is due to some change of legislation prohibiting the attachment of spare wheels to the rear door. I think??

Reading in to this - would this just be a 'short term' fix while they work on a new RAV4 or replacement thereof (also considering that the underpinnings of the current model have been around for a while)?

Anyway thanks for all the responses - great to see such a lively forum!

funny - on reflecting/reflection of above posts, it all seems to be oil burners - do oil burners have a problem with bursting tyres???? Maybe the extra weight or the 5 doors???

Perhaps, Bothy its cos our journeys tend to be a bit longer that a quarter mile in a straight line? B) :P :D

Mike D

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, I've had 2 punctures in a month both on rear passenger....having a 2010 RAV of course made this annoying. I'm not going to faff around squirting that gunk into a repairable wheel just so the dealer says....could have repaired that until you put all that muck in there!!!

Do they do a space saver you can buy? Other problem I have is that both times no local dealers (including all the big names) even have the RAV4 tyre size in stock...

Seriously thinking of getting a new tyre and putting it in the shed since both flats have been discovered in the morning so far...stupid idea not having a spare I'm afraid Toyota since I absolutely love the car apart from the fact it's cost me £320 in tyres last month alone!!!

as I said in other posts I got a spare wheel and tyre for £140 delivered from 4x4 centre in yorkshire. Even looks like he Toyota wheels. Got it standing upright in the boot. Now i have peace of mind.