Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

We Are All Human [In Secret]

Bizarra

By Nick Allen in Los Angeles

Saturday June 12 2010

Mark Twain's scandalous relationship with his "filthy-minded and salacious" secretary is to be revealed in memoirs published 100 years after the author's death.

The unedited 5,000-page autobiography will lay bare his feelings for Isabel Van Kleek Lyon. The book is also likely to shatter the myth that America's great writer and humourist was a cheerful old man.

Before his death in 1910, Twain decreed that the full manuscript should not be published for a century so that he would be "dead, and unaware, and indifferent" and could speak his "whole frank mind".

His opinion of Lyon is certainly frank. The "comely" brunette was hired in 1902 to manage Twain's correspondence. The pair became inseparable after the death of Twain's wife, Olivia, two years later.

She adored Twain, referring to him as "the King" in her diaries. She dreamed of marrying him, but to no avail, and ended up marrying his business manager, Ralph Ashcroft.

Twain sacked Lyon in 1909, claiming she had tried to steal from him, had "hypnotised" him for three years and tried to seduce him by lying around the house in "silken dainties".

More than 400 pages of the manuscript are given over to Lyon, who Twain denounces as a "filthy-minded slut".

Laura Trombley, the author of 'Mark Twain's Other Woman: The Hidden Story of His Final Years', said: "He spent five of his last 12 months writing about Isabel. He was obsessed with her. It's Twain at his nastiest. There's this popular conception of him being pure. But he smoked an average of 300 cigars a month, and he drank every day. He was very sexual."

The first volume of the memoirs will be released on November 30. Twain, the author of 'Adventures of Huckleberry Finn', was a towering figure in his own lifetime, lauded as the greatest American humourist of his age and the father of American literature.

Saturday June 12 2010

Mark Twain's scandalous relationship with his "filthy-minded and salacious" secretary is to be revealed in memoirs published 100 years after the author's death.

The unedited 5,000-page autobiography will lay bare his feelings for Isabel Van Kleek Lyon. The book is also likely to shatter the myth that America's great writer and humourist was a cheerful old man.

Before his death in 1910, Twain decreed that the full manuscript should not be published for a century so that he would be "dead, and unaware, and indifferent" and could speak his "whole frank mind".

His opinion of Lyon is certainly frank. The "comely" brunette was hired in 1902 to manage Twain's correspondence. The pair became inseparable after the death of Twain's wife, Olivia, two years later.

She adored Twain, referring to him as "the King" in her diaries. She dreamed of marrying him, but to no avail, and ended up marrying his business manager, Ralph Ashcroft.

Twain sacked Lyon in 1909, claiming she had tried to steal from him, had "hypnotised" him for three years and tried to seduce him by lying around the house in "silken dainties".

More than 400 pages of the manuscript are given over to Lyon, who Twain denounces as a "filthy-minded slut".

Laura Trombley, the author of 'Mark Twain's Other Woman: The Hidden Story of His Final Years', said: "He spent five of his last 12 months writing about Isabel. He was obsessed with her. It's Twain at his nastiest. There's this popular conception of him being pure. But he smoked an average of 300 cigars a month, and he drank every day. He was very sexual."

The first volume of the memoirs will be released on November 30. Twain, the author of 'Adventures of Huckleberry Finn', was a towering figure in his own lifetime, lauded as the greatest American humourist of his age and the father of American literature.

She sounds like your sort of woman biggrin.gif, What am I talking about shutup.gif If she has or ever had a pulse... cool.gif

Saturday June 12 2010

She sounds like your sort of woman biggrin.gif, What am I talking about shutup.gif If she has or ever had a pulse... cool.gif

No way :disgust: Only those of approx 1/2 my age, Sassy, Sexy. Expensive & foreign need apply. Warning. There is a long waiting list & She at the head of the queue is very possessive with a fiery temper :hug::fear::lol:

Saturday June 12 2010

No way disgust.gif Only those of approx 1/2 my age, Sassy, Sexy. Expensive & foreign need apply. Warning. There is a long waiting list & She at the head of the queue is very possessive with a fiery temper hug.giffear.giflaugh.gif

It's just as well you liked to be beaten... crybaby.gif

Harsh, I'm almost hurt...naughty.gif

Sorry ! :yes: I wouldn't wish to hurt you , unless well paid for it :D Those emoticons weren't aimed in your direction :o , they were intended as my comment on your previous one. :thumbsup:

Sorry ! I wouldn't wish to hurt you , unless well paid for it biggrin.gif Those emoticons weren't aimed in your direction ohmy.gif , they were intended as my comment on your previous one. thumbsup.gif

God Vic, your so nice... Sometimes you takes all the pleasure out of taking the piss yes.gif

Sorry ! I wouldn't wish to hurt you , unless well paid for it biggrin.gif Those emoticons weren't aimed in your direction ohmy.gif , they were intended as my comment on your previous one. thumbsup.gif

God Vic, your so nice... Sometimes you takes all the pleasure out of taking the piss yes.gif

What other point is there in being nice ? :naughty::sneaky2: :lol2:

What other point is there in being nice ? naughty.gifsneaky2.giflol.gif

Large portions from gullible women eek.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links