Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo - Tall Driver

della

Are any of you Aygo owners over 5 foot 9 inch tall? Is it a comfortable drive on long journeys? It is so hard to tell on a short test drive. Thanks

• Like 1

I'm a little more than that and find it comfortable. TBH, even tall people should be happy in the back :)

Its a tardis like car :)

I'm a little more than that and find it comfortable. TBH, even tall people should be happy in the back :)

Thanks for that. I was impressed on the test drive but the salesman seemed eager to get back and I would have liked a longer drive. Think I will go for it.

I am 6'4" and found my daughter's Aygo big enough. I have a friend who is the same height as me and he has owned an Aygo for 3 years and loves his car. As said.... the car is like a little Tardis :yes:

I am 6'4" and found my daughter's Aygo big enough. I have a friend who is the same height as me and he has owned an Aygo for 3 years and loves his car. As said.... the car is like a little Tardis :yes:

Thanks - that's reassuring. You are all being very positive. Hope it'a not a set-up and you are all on Toyota's payroll!!

Well Mr T did promise to buy back our cars as they were a little snug... :D

One of our friends is over six-foot and has a Peugeot 107 (basically the same car as you probably know)... she has a 20-mile round-trip daily commute and loves it. And absolutely - there's tons of room!

I'm 6'1" and have no problems with headroom in my Aygo.

In fact, I have had a sunroof installed in mine that actually

takes up about 1,5" to 2" and I still have no trouble...

Only if I have a bad hair day (and haven't been to the barber for

over 4 weeks) I can feel my hair touching the sunroof-structure...

They Aygo is a *CRACKING* motor. It is an absolute *HOOT* to drive and fun to own.

If you're buying new, make sure you push for maximum discount (check DtD prices for example) and I would urge you to consider the Style Pack too. If buying second hand, make sure if it very clean and tidy - anything you;'re not happy with, get the Dealer to put right before you sign/agree to buy.

They Aygo is a *CRACKING* motor. It is an absolute *HOOT* to drive and fun to own.

If you're buying new, make sure you push for maximum discount (check DtD prices for example) and I would urge you to consider the Style Pack too. If buying second hand, make sure if it very clean and tidy - anything you;'re not happy with, get the Dealer to put right before you sign/agree to buy.

Thanks for this. I'm buying new. Will look at style pack and TRY to get tough about the discounts - although I may need to take a friend with me to do this - I am rubbish!!

I'm 6'1" and have no problems with headroom in my Aygo.

In fact, I have had a sunroof installed in mine that actually

takes up about 1,5" to 2" and I still have no trouble...

Only if I have a bad hair day (and haven't been to the barber for

over 4 weeks) I can feel my hair touching the sunroof-structure...

Thanks - very reassuring.

I'm 6'3" and the Aygo is fine considering the size of it.

I recently went for a 3 hour drive and was fine there and back.

It involved quite a bit of traffic driving as well.

I'm 6'3" and the Aygo is fine considering the size of it.

I recently went for a 3 hour drive and was fine there and back.

It involved quite a bit of traffic driving as well.

Thanks for that. I only test drove it a short distance and was fine, but it looks such a small car it's hard to believe it is ok for anyone over 5 foot 5!!! I'm hooked now

I'm 6 foot tall and have never had a problem. There's a huge amount of space in the car for driver and passengers, there's certainly more head and leg room than in my girlfriends clio.

I'm 6'3", I do a daily commute of 50+ miles. No problem with the clearance above my head. It has a couple of other small drawbacks, though.

The lights of other cars (reflecting off the Aygo's mirrors) are terribly bright. I would love to have a self-blinding mirror (some darken the rear window, but that takes away too much visibility when driving in the dark). Furthermore, it's a bit difficult to adjust the rear view mirror to have an acceptable view. This relates to the curvature of the roof, which is also the reason the mirror is so low on the front window. BTW, the latter issue is terrible at traffic lights as well.

All in all a swell car though, value for money!

I would agree with the last comments about the position of the mirror creating a blind spot - I am 6ft 2in and have no problems with head or leg room and even have enough space behind me when I'm driving for my 7 and 8 year old girls.....

The only other tip is that the single front wiper doesn't clean the full extent of the windscreen area particularly at the top right hand side ie directly in a tall drivers vision so I fitted a 28" flat blade which clears more screen (vs the std 26") and is far better than original std wiper (you can also fit a 19" on rear for better coverage to replace std 12").

The car drives well and handles well for a small city car - I wouldn't put it in the same league as my previous 400bhp Sierra Cosworth but it certainly is superior to virtually every other small/ medium hatchback currently on the market in my opinion.

Order one now - the only hard bit is deciding trim level and options!!

I would agree with the last comments about the position of the mirror creating a blind spot - I am 6ft 2in and have no problems with head or leg room and even have enough space behind me when I'm driving for my 7 and 8 year old girls.....

The only other tip is that the single front wiper doesn't clean the full extent of the windscreen area particularly at the top right hand side ie directly in a tall drivers vision so I fitted a 28" flat blade which clears more screen (vs the std 26") and is far better than original std wiper (you can also fit a 19" on rear for better coverage to replace std 12").

The car drives well and handles well for a small city car - I wouldn't put it in the same league as my previous 400bhp Sierra Cosworth but it certainly is superior to virtually every other small/ medium hatchback currently on the market in my opinion.

Order one now - the only hard bit is deciding trim level and options!!

Thanks for this.Particularly the tip about the windscreen wipers - I wouldn't have thought of that.

I am 6 ft 1 and drive about 20 miles a day it is great to drive. Have to agree that the front and back seats are very comfy with plenty of headroom.

Boot space is limited but it is my commute car and normally accomadates a briefcase and kit bag. On trips away bags go on back seat.

But I bought it to commute daily and have a People carrier for the family.

Do it, she's fun to drive, cheap to run, insure and you get 999cc of 3 cylinder fury under your right foot, just think of it as half a V6 with the same engine note as a Porsche! ;-)

Today I had to drive over 200mi for work, so I had to take our VW Caddy (old model based on the previous Polo).

Even with the Polo being a bigger car than my Aygo, the latter is WAY more spacious for the driver!

I now have a bruise on my right lower leg due to a stupidly hard bit of plastic poking into my leg, since the

seats don't slide back far enough and my left ankle hurts because of the footrest next to the clutch is too small.

My colleagues jokinly refer to my Aygo for being a tin can, but when I drive that for 300mi straight

I have no problems other than you'd expect from driving for so long. But no sores or anything else...

Too bad I'm not allowed to drive my own car for these things for reasons of cost and insurance :-(

Thanks for the tip about the wiper blade - we pick our new one up tomorrow and I did wonder how much of the screen the single wiper cleared - as to the 'tall driver' bit - I'm 6'6'' and still had headroom between my bald bit and the roof!

Tone - of Jan&Tone - (the Aygo is 'er indoors car) Mine's a Prius T-spirit!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links