Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Tundra Starter Problem

sf58023

Have 2003 Toyota Tundra V-8. Recently had starting problems (i.e turn key, hear one click but no start). Turn key back and try again and will usually start although sometimes have to repeat process up to 6-8 times. Battery was replaced with Walmart Battery about 6 months ago, prior to the starting problems which only start about one month ago. Pulled six month old Battery and took it back to Walmart for load-test. Battery tested bad and they gave me a new one. Had new battery installed now for about 2 days and problem still exists. Not sure if this is relavant, but about two months ago my truck took on some water during the Nashville flood.

was parked at the mall and water rose around truck to about 30-36" deep, but did'nt reach the starter. Had about 1-2" of water inside front floor-boards. Was able to start truck and back out of water. Starting problem showed up about 3 weeks later and seems to have gotten progressively worse. Problem occurs with hot or cold engine. Help

Welcome to TOC UK :thumbsup:

Your problem does sound like a faulty starter motor :huh:

• 5 years later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links