Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't Change Front Wiper Blade

Boco77

I'm having a problem with a new wiper blade I got for my aygo. Its a Bosch no.26 from Halfords and i just cannot get it on. One of the reasons being because Of the wiper arm that is attached to the aygo only lifts up a little bit and not fully upwards like other wiper parts on cars do. It will only lift up a little bit and i can't get the blade through it because the arm is too low and won't lift enough. Any advice?

I'm having a problem with a new wiper blade I got for my aygo. Its a Bosch no.26 from halfords and i just cannot get it on. One of the reasons being because Of the wiper arm that is attached to the aygo only lifts up a little bit and not fully upwards like other wiper parts on cars do. It will only lift up a little bit and i can't get the blade through it because the arm is too low and won't lift enough. Any advice?

If you do a search on this site, there are some instructions.

I'll have a look and try to post links......

Found it......

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94014&st=0&p=857933&hl=wiper%20&fromsearch=1entry857933

Ian.

I'm having a problem with a new wiper blade I got for my aygo. Its a Bosch no.26 from halfords and i just cannot get it on. One of the reasons being because Of the wiper arm that is attached to the aygo only lifts up a little bit and not fully upwards like other wiper parts on cars do. It will only lift up a little bit and i can't get the blade through it because the arm is too low and won't lift enough. Any advice?

Found it......

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94014&st=0&p=857933&hl=wiper%20&fromsearch=1entry857933

Ian.

It's putting the new one that i have a problem with not taking the old one off which I did already. I can't get the new one on as the arm wont lift high enough for that

Fitting You New wiper Blade

An adapter connects the blade assembly to the windscreen wiper arm. To remove the old blade assembly:

1. Pull the end of windscreen wiper arm outward to move the arm away from the windscreen.

Take care not to let it spring back against the windscreen.

2. Press the tab on the adapter to release the adaptor mechanism.

3. On all standard windscreen wiper arms: Maintain pressure on the tab while pulling the blade assembly downward to slide it out of the recess, or hook on the wiper arm.

Found it......

Ian.

It's putting the new one that i have a problem with not taking the old one off which I did already. I can't get the new one on as the arm wont lift high enough for that

CAREFULLY......

See if the little piece that the curved end of the wiper

arm hooks onto is removeable from the rest of the wiper.

I had to do that to one of the flat blade wipers I

fiited to either my or the wife's Aygo.

ie......Remove the little adapter, slide it into the arm hook

then place the wiper onto the screen and push your assembled arm

back into place.

Have a good careful look first as most modern stuff is made

of "snap" or "brittle".

Ive got some advice don't buy anything from halfrauds :P, Aygo wipers are 30 something pounds, and you can get flat blades for less than 10 pounds on e-bay :)

You could always go back to Halfords and pay them £1.99 to fit it for you.

You don't need to lift the wiper arm more than a few inches to fit a new blade anyway.

30 quid for the front blade where do you shop ? got mine from Gordon Lamb chesterfield for 10.74 incl vat

I timed myself and I took 52 seconds to take off the old one a fit the new flatblade. biggrin.gif

Excuse the quality but I took it with my mobile.

IMG00018.jpg