Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid Kit For Corolla And Bulb Questions

ses6jwg

Looking at an aftermarket HID kit for the Corrolla.

I gather that I need H7R bulbs for a 2005 t sport?

Thinking of 35watt 6000k ?

1) Do I need to buy a wiring harness (the ones that connect directly to the Battery?)

2) Silvatec indicator bulbs - do I need offset or straight pin fitment?

Get yourself a HID conversion kit from hids4u.co.uk or from eBay. In general the cheaper eBay kits have turned out to be more reliable in the long run. 35w 6000k is perfectly fine, although I am considering changing from 6000k to 5000k since the 6000k have a slight tinge of blue I'd like to remove.

i would sack off the H7R and just by straight H7. I don't believe they have much effect on glare?! - Although I could be wrong.

1. the kits you get now don't require a relay, its a straight plug in job. Just be warned it might be a bit of a faff if you want to get it in and make it a stealth install.

2. I have no idea! I've still got the OEM bulbs.

Personally I've left all indicators standard. Going to upgrade the dip beam (the main driving headlight) to 55w and swap my current 35w set to the full beam which is one you flash lights with. Fogs, indicators, brakes etc they are all standard OEM.

Hi there... I have Corolla E12 2006 - the same as yours and I have HID kits on my Low, High beams and on the fog lights. The rolla has perfect lights but you may want to make your headlights JDM style to reduce the glare :rolleyes: But be careful, because if the lamp is crooked it will be pretty ugly picture on the road. be sure to get a good kit so you have the max out of your headlights. There are lots of cheap kits that can mess up your car. If I could I would send you one of the kits I have but I'm too far away :lol: Anyway there should be some pretty good kits available around you. Put one and enjoy B)

I got my High & dipped beam HID's from eBay they were £45 a pair and i have had them in for a few months now with no problems. They are made by TTUNNING German Technology. Mine are 8000K Hers a pic of them on the car. I went for just H7's

post-89378-127706036555_thumb.jpg

Hi there... I have Corolla E12 2006 - the same as yours and I have HID kits on my Low, High beams and on the fog lights. The rolla has perfect lights but you may want to make your headlights JDM style to reduce the glare :rolleyes: But be careful, because if the lamp is crooked it will be pretty ugly picture on the road. be sure to get a good kit so you have the max out of your headlights. There are lots of cheap kits that can mess up your car. If I could I would send you one of the kits I have but I'm too far away :lol: Anyway there should be some pretty good kits available around you. Put one and enjoy B)

You got any picz of with all your HIDs switchted on? I want to do it on ma fogs aswell bt dnt knw hw it would look Ive done it with my main beam alredy.

thanks

I bought a kit off eBay for 65 quid and it's perfect just bought another kit to do my fogs for 23 quid free postage from hong kong and it's the same kit! HID is the way forward and the crystal White light makes the car look a lot smarter. Mine are 35w 6000k and there plenty bright enough!

You got any picz of with all your HIDs switchted on? I want to do it on ma fogs aswell bt dnt knw hw it would look Ive done it with my main beam alredy.

thanks

I can make picz of my current fog lights with 6000K on it. But it won't be very helpful as the cameras bends the colors... I'll try to make it as good as possible, but there still might be some diffs... It that works for you thumbsup.gif Also you can check other colors on other Toyotas - www.a-x-l.net - there are plenty of pictures there.