Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Baby Is Sick

cksmith

My car seems to be ill but im unsure what it is. It sounds like its coming from the front some where. The faster i go the louder the noise gets. Before this constant humming started i was getting a slight steering knock when i turned the steering wheel to like inbetween 12 and one o clock but this has now stopped and i feel this constant slight resistance through the steering wheel and this humming noise. I checked the wheel bearings via jacking the car up and seeing if there was any play in the wheel which there is non. i then spun the wheel around to see if there was anything thing catching like the brakes but all fine there too. The problem seems to be slowley getting worse so im starting to worry a little can anyone who may have had the same problem help me thanks for your time. Oh i drive a gen 6 celica gt

Does it get worse when going around bends?

What about on full steering lock?

It could be something simple like a bit of splash guard rubbing on a drive shaft.

It feels like something pretty big rubbing seems ok when turning left but not right. full lock seems to make no differnece. im a bit confused by it if im honest.

It feels like something pretty big rubbing seems ok when turning left but not right. full lock seems to make no differnece. im a bit confused by it if im honest.

could be a cv joint on the way out - jack a front wheel up with a trolley jack preferebly , use axle stands if you have them , have someone sit in the car and start it up , engage 2nd gear and let the clutch out , rev it to say 30mph and dip the clutch , this will give you a better idea if its a wheel bearing thats worn , then do the other side , dont worry the car wont roll off , the diff will only let the free wheel turn , just make sure the handbrake is on , chock the other front wheel if you want just incase. also keep your head and hands out of the way , just listen for any noises.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links