Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alpine Head Unit

★★★★★™

Hey gang

So i have a problem, i have an Alpine 9886R head unit connected to my Rolla, iv had it for over 2 years now and have been playing mp3's from either cd or ipod. It was on my previous car, and i took it out and put it into my corolla when i bought it (been about 10 months now). I have been able to play mp3's from the ipod and also cd's, since the day i connected it up to the car, but a few days ago, i turn my car on, and suddenly the mp3's dont work, they dont play anything from the ipod and cd either, the only music that plays is audio cd.

Does anyone have a clue what may be going on here?

Thanks

Hi, that sounds pretty odd. Might sound basic/obvious, but have you tried the reset button on the front of the headunit? What exactly happens when you insert a data disc full of MP3?

Alpine usually put a reset button just behind the face plate, if your's is motorised then get it to fold down and should show it somewhere.

If that doesn't work, send it back to Alpine.

From the last time i used them for a service of a old H/U, the pricing system was fixed, so very simple.

H/U that are just non-multimedia was one price (something like £50 + VAT, but don't quote me on that), H/U that are multimedia was another price (something like £80 + VAT, again don't quote me)

They usually have it turned round within 10 working day, and will do everything and anything to get the unit working again, be it, servicing of the drive unit (CD side of things), change the face plate if broken (like as i did), and check everything else is work ok, but all within the fixed price.

Contact Alpine HERE

Hope this helps you

Bing

:thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply morgie,

Dont think there is a reset button at the front mate, the mp3 disc just starts playing, but theres no sound, and only shows the folder being played but track number does not come up. You cant change the folder or skip tracks as theres no tracks showing up, just folder 1.

This is the same mp3 cd iv been using for a while, its always been inside the cd player and has been working well when it used to, i tried burning another mp3 cd and still got the same problem. iv also formatted the ipod and put the songs back in that also did not work, even tried hooking a memory stick up into the usb port, and still no change.

Alpine usually put a reset button just behind the face plate, if your's is motorised then get it to fold down and should show it somewhere.

If that doesn't work, send it back to Alpine.

From the last time i used them for a service of a old H/U, the pricing system was fixed, so very simple.

H/U that are just non-multimedia was one price (something like £50 + VAT, but don't quote me on that), H/U that are multimedia was another price (something like £80 + VAT, again don't quote me)

They usually have it turned round within 10 working day, and will do everything and anything to get the unit working again, be it, servicing of the drive unit (CD side of things), change the face plate if broken (like as i did), and check everything else is work ok, but all within the fixed price.

Contact Alpine HERE

Hope this helps you

Bing

:thumbsup:

Thanks il give it a shot :thumbsup:

sorry for stating the obvious but the volume is turned up and the unit isnt set to mute is it? check fader/balance settings too but then again these would affect audio cd playback also. do you still have warranty on the unit? if so try sending it to the alpine repair centre (i think its in milton keynes) they'll check it out and fix under warranty if there is a problem on their side...

sorry for stating the obvious but the volume is turned up and the unit isnt set to mute is it? check fader/balance settings too but then again these would affect audio cd playback also. do you still have warranty on the unit? if so try sending it to the alpine repair centre (i think its in milton keynes) they'll check it out and fix under warranty if there is a problem on their side...

lol yeh volume is turned up :lol: like i stated audio cd's do work, just doesnt play mp3's. i dont think theres any warranty left on it as its been more than two years since iv had it, il ive the reset button a go, if not off to alpine it is.

I found this external thread covering a similiar issue. One guy mentions an option in the menu for his Alpine CDA 9835 giving a choice to play MP3 and CD-R discs - any chance you have something similar that may have become disabled?

Also, although it's a disc you've been using for a while it might be worth burning something new at low speed on some reliable media to test with. Good luck!

I found this external thread covering a similiar issue. One guy mentions an option in the menu for his Alpine CDA 9835 giving a choice to play MP3 and CD-R discs - any chance you have something similar that may have become disabled?

Also, although it's a disc you've been using for a while it might be worth burning something new at low speed on some reliable media to test with. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the link, its definitely not anything to do with the menu, because the settings have been the same since i had it, iv tried the reset button, no luck with that, will try burning another cd with the settings on that link you gave me and give it a shot, but by the looks of it its going to alpine for repair

Before you try repair the external link has sparked my memory. I have cde-9880r and if you go into settings there is a 'play mode' setting which flicks between 'cd and mp3' and 'cd'. Is it possible your settings has somehow become changed? Its worth a shot before going through the hassle of removing the unit and sending to alpine?

Have you made up a new cd recently, or are you just using the same cd you were using before the h/u went !Removed! up?

CorollaD4D, yes iv tried that, used both options and still no change

Have you made up a new cd recently, or are you just using the same cd you were using before the h/u went !Removed! up?

I made a new cd and tried it out, but not with the settings morgie provided in the link. The rest button didnt really work, stick getting track number one playing, with no sound or the ability to skip track, or search for folders. I might try putting in a aux cable in the back and hooking my iPhone into it to see if that works. But as it stands i need to ring alpine up, which i havent had the time for.

the head unit was working perfect, i took it out and put it into my new car. subaru impreza wrx 2003. and it would not power up? is there a fuse on the headunit i can change perhaps? any suggestions as to why the unit is not working i would be greatful

Have you checked all the wiring is wired in ok, have you got the constant and switchable live wired up ok?

Should be a inline fuse on the wiring loom, might even be a fuse on the rear of the unit too, and need to check the car's fusebox to make sure that's ok.

I made up a new CD from my g/f laptop and i got the same problem.

If you havent already try a cd that you have brought, rather than made.