Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Diesel Cam Belt Change Interval

Tafia

Hi folks,

When I bought the 2005 Corolla D4D T3 I was told the cam belt needed changing at 100,000 miles or 6 years. I also saw this on line but can't recall where.

I have just looked at the service book and it tells me it should be changed at 70,000. Anyone know which is correct please?

The car has done 65,800 at present and only does around 3K a year so I guess it would wait until next years service.

Cheers

T

Just do it along with the next service.

Thanks to all for the responses. I have been quoted £190 by a Toyota dealer so will get it done.

Cheers

T

well stupid question here but it is a 2 liter yea ?

190 sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Yes 2 litre: going in tomorrow for a belt and a service.

£190 from dealer?! Wow that's a good price

Less than I expected which is why I put it in writing and asked the service chap to confirm it before the work began.

As expected though, I had a call about an hour later to say the water pump had a slight leak and did I want them to change it. I believe these things are called "nibbles" in the trade whereby the quoted price goes up when they start the work. I have no way of knowing if there really was a leak and no way, other than watching them change it, of knowing if a new pump was fitted. The dealership seems to have a good reputation so I will have to trust them.

A Honda dealer told me some time ago my Accord needed discs and pads all round or "it will definitely fail the MOT, our technicians are experts and that is their advice" I told them to change the rear discs and pads but leave the front alone because there was nothing wrong with them. “It will fail the MOT” they insisted. “Leave them alone” I said.

Since then, the Accord has passed 3 MOT’s with 3 different testers and no mention of the front discs and pads.

they're talking !Removed! mate. as i've just mentioned in another post i've never heard of a corolla water pump going bust and i've had experience of dealing with corollas from the previous shape, originally i had a 1.4vvti 5 door but that was such an ugly shape hell would have rejected it! anyway i think they're using the same ploy the honda dealer did but i suppose you have peace of mind now.

they're talking !Removed! mate. as i've just mentioned in another post i've never heard of a corolla water pump going bust and i've had experience of dealing with corollas from the previous shape, originally i had a 1.4vvti 5 door but that was such an ugly shape hell would have rejected it! anyway i think they're using the same ploy the honda dealer did but i suppose you have peace of mind now.

Just called the dealer who tells me the work is done and the car passed the MOT without a problem. Goodie. Now for the bill!!

As for the water pump thing, the only car I have had which needed a new water pump was a Sierra, about a 100 years ago. I had a Volvo 740 with 135,000 miles and still on the same pump, clutch, everything. All it needed was discs, pads, tyres and exhausts and the occasional Battery. Wife had a Mk 11 Mondeo with 90,000 +, same thing. Nothing needed other than service items, not even an exhaust pipe. both totally reliable.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Stay safe.

T.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links