Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae92 Oil Pressure

ae92boy

I have a Corolla Gti late engine, it idles at around 800rpm, Does anyone know what the oil pressure gauge should read.

Many thanks

Taz

Should just be mid-way and it shouldn't really move around too much. Are you talking of pressure or temperature though?...

Cheers for help, I mean pressure, the gauge with H at the top and L at the bottom, when engine is warm it sits below half way, but as soon as i increase revs to about 1500 it is above half way. Engine does idle quite low as i have 272 cams inside and it is not set up 100% correctly yet. However I didnt want to spend money on a re-map if there is a problem causing the oil pressure to be below half way :(

No problem mate,

That's normal, I have idling problems right now, it hunts between 2k and 2.5k because of an air lock. I will get to the garage where it is this week and she should be ok. :lol:

I'd advise you to tune it ASAP because you won't get the most out of those cams otherwise and they're wasted.

What sort of power have they given you? I am looking to build another 4A-GE up to 200BHP. :)

Phew :) was gettin worried,

As to my power, good quesion, I had 290 cams in previously and I didn't get it re-mapped, however i was running 264.9bhp! I was advised to get some milder cams so I got some 272 and will be booking it in for a re-map v soon. :)

200bhp!! thats a lot for a 4age, going to be a lot of work, good luck though!! Have you thought of getting a 4agze as its a lot easier to reach 200bhp?

Here's a pic of my rolla

post-48690-127663116799_thumb.jpg

That's sweet but I have to call you a b@st@rd for getting white Cam Covers, I thought I was the only one! :eek:

003.jpg

I will be respraying much of the engine bay parts so excuse the shite paint!

Your GTi is stunning and I love the GT3's.

So you got 260 BHP from just cams!?! :o Or do you have other things?

I don't want a 4A-GZE because I like the sound of the N/A 4A-GE and it's a much more challenging build to make. I have my shopping list and I need roughly 5.5k....

I'm open to donations :D

Phew :) was gettin worried,

As to my power, good quesion, I had 290 cams in previously and I didn't get it re-mapped, however i was running 264.9bhp! I was advised to get some milder cams so I got some 272 and will be booking it in for a re-map v soon. :)

200bhp!! thats a lot for a 4age, going to be a lot of work, good luck though!! Have you thought of getting a 4agze as its a lot easier to reach 200bhp?

Here's a pic of my rolla

thats one badass gti nice one mate :thumbsup:

264.9bhp!! how did you get that much power from a n/a 4age not even the N2's have that much power lol

Surely you mean 164!? If it's true then bugger me, I'm getting me some cams!

That's sweet but I have to call you a b@st@rd for getting white Cam Covers, I thought I was the only one! :eek:

003.jpg

I will be respraying much of the engine bay parts so excuse the ******* paint!

Your GTi is stunning and I love the GT3's.

So you got 260 BHP from just cams!?! :o Or do you have other things?

I don't want a 4A-GZE because I like the sound of the N/A 4A-GE and it's a much more challenging build to make. I have my shopping list and I need roughly 5.5k....

I'm open to donations :D

Just noticed you talked about coilovers in another thread. Im riding on custom built BC street coilovers on a 120mm drop. took a while to adjust them to be a half decent ride. I'm still the only car on the nice flat a11 bobbing up and down lol! Looks great but speedbumps are out of the question! :)

lol yeh I have changed that plan to getting a G Max suspension kit rather than the coilies. They're too pricey and overkill tbh.

Should still be sweet though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links