Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sluggish Verso T180 Spirit

Nightstalker

Hi all....

Its been a while since I've posted on this website since I moved across to the LC fold, however knowing that there are a bunch of great knowledgeable guys on this site who are keen to help...

So here it goes, a work mate of mine has a Verso T180 spirit which has become sluggish below the 2k rev mark, I did mention to him about the ECU flash but it seems his issue has got worse as just now the VSC,Traction control and engine management light have come on at the same time... I advised go to your local MR T, but he is worried it will cost him an arm and a leg as his warranty has expired...

Anyone here know what the issue could be and if it would still be covered by MR T under a possible extended warranty on the issue causing this??

Regards

Rob

The lights coming on just tells you there has been a detectable fault. To find out what the car's ECU thinks that is it has to be connected to a diagnostic computer, either at Mr T or a friendly mechanics. You could print him out the EGR cleaning topics on this forum which might help but it sounds like someone who knows how to read an ECU is his best bet.

• 4 weeks later...

EGR valve clogged/stuck open. - would need removing and cleaning out.

Whilst the EGR valve is off clean out the inlet manifold opening too.

This should bring back the performance.

Mart.

EGR valve clogged/stuck open. - would need removing and cleaning out.

Whilst the EGR valve is off clean out the inlet manifold opening too.

This should bring back the performance.

Mart.

Well...

He took it to his local MR T and they replaced the Cat. a few days later the lights came back

on again and they replaced the EGR valve... JOB done.... - all under warranty eventhough the

cars warranty had expired.... RESULT!