Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Abs Light And Sensors

stuarth

The dashboard light on my 2005 Yaris stays on suddenly. I tested the resistance of the front sensors and they seem to be open (both of them) with infinite resistance. I have not tested the rear ones. It seems pretty odd that both have this problem. Does this mean they are both broken? When I turn the wheels there is obviously no change either.

What else could this be? How and where can I read any codes from the ECU to tell me if this is really a sensor issue or do I have to go to the Toyata garage?

The dashboard light on my 2005 Yaris stays on suddenly. I tested the resistance of the front sensors and they seem to be open (both of them) with infinite resistance. I have not tested the rear ones. It seems pretty odd that both have this problem. Does this mean they are both broken?

I assume you disconnected them both and tested the connectors on the wheel side? It is sometimes possible you have not made a good connection... and get infinite resistance...I would expect the passenger side one to fail... not the driver side.. Recheck again.. Both with broken circuits sounds implausible.

When I turn the wheels there is obviously no change either.

What else could this be? How and where can I read any codes from the ECU to tell me if this is really a sensor issue or do I have to go to the Toyata garage?

You need a code scanner to read ABS faults...

Interesting! I disconnected them and tested their resistance and find the driver side is around 1400 ohms but the passenger side is infinite. Looks like this one needs replacing but I am intrigued as to why you guessed this one would be bad? Any reason?

Interesting! I disconnected them and tested their resistance and find the driver side is around 1400 ohms but the passenger side is infinite. Looks like this one needs replacing but I am intrigued as to why you guessed this one would be bad? Any reason?

the passenger side wheels get more water on them as there more puddles on he side of a road than in the middle

due to the road cambers.

peter.

And remember, if the light is on, it is very likely you wont have ABS working so may be more likely to skid.

It might make a difference too, in the event of an insurance claim!

As acetip says, passenger side gets more crud and water and grit chucked up at them.

First port of call with ABS issues...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links