Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Aygo Blue Ordered

ChillAygo

Hi All

Just orderd a brand new 2010 aygo blue. Got a pretty good deal including the 5 year warranty, 3 years free serviceing, free glovebox, fuel and mats. Cant wait should arrive next week. Cant wait for cheap motoring! Is there anything i need to look out for and check when I pick it up?

Thanks

Well done, an excellent choice thumbsup.gif

Just check the body work, make sure all the panels inside are rattle free and make sure the mats are in.

Then enjoy many years of trouble free motoring :D

Great car, you'll absolutely love it :)

Check that it has blue surrounds on the air vents and speedometer, I ordered one and it came with horrid grey interior and I rejected it (not for that reason though). I got another and it had nice blue painted parts inside, don't know if they simply ran out of blue parts though. It might sound a bit picky but it is called an Aygo Blue after all... :D

Oh yeah, check your 'A pillar' interior trim for rattles and general floppyness. I had to take mine back after two days because the trim was loose and the dealer said it's a common problem.

May I ask why you rejected it? Also is there away to tell that the one I get is a MY10 build and not MY09?

Thanks

Also is there away to tell that the one I get is a MY10 build and not MY09?

Your Aygo should like it does on the Toyota Aygo home page ;)

...or you could Google 'facelift Aygo' for detailed pictures.

I'm wondering if Toyota have stopped doing the blue surrounds on the Aygo Blue and are just sticking with the bluetooth and blue paintwork. In the latest brochure, the Aygo Blue is pictured with the silver-grey air vent surrounds I think... wondered if they've changed it?...

Enjoy your car by the way! You'll love it! And the air con is absolutely cracking, especially in this hot weather! :D

May I ask why you rejected it? Also is there away to tell that the one I get is a MY10 build and not MY09?

Thanks

It wasn't anything major, they didn't have any 3dr Aygos in stock so I didn't know what they looked like. The dealer gave me a photoshopped picture, the real car was different to the picture they gave me...I realised why Toyota don't have any pictures of the 3 door model in the brochure. I rejected it basically because it didn't look nice, and Toyota seem to agree given that they will not show the 3dr model anywhere. The dealership were pretty annoyed and had to keep the one I ordered as a showroom demo B)

I'm wondering if Toyota have stopped doing the blue surrounds on the Aygo Blue and are just sticking with the Bluetooth and blue paintwork. In the latest brochure, the Aygo Blue is pictured with the silver-grey air vent surrounds I think... wondered if they've changed it?...

According to my local dealer, Toyota stopped the blue surrounds because they had complaints about the paint chipping, plus they just thought it was a bad idea. The dealer actually said he thought they were 'tacky.'

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering if Toyota have stopped doing the blue surrounds on the Aygo Blue and are just sticking with the Bluetooth and blue paintwork. In the latest brochure, the Aygo Blue is pictured with the silver-grey air vent surrounds I think... wondered if they've changed it?...

According to my local dealer, Toyota stopped the blue surrounds because they had complaints about the paint chipping, plus they just thought it was a bad idea. The dealer actually said he thought they were 'tacky.'

I got a similar response when I picked mine up on Saturday and inquired about the blue surrounds, apparently its a 2009 thing not 2010, but surely they'll still fit the 2010 model?!? If i can't get any from Mr T then i'm just gunna paint them myself or get someone else to do them.

I think that's a real shame because it just finishes the inside off nicely. crybaby.gif

Also the paint doesn't chip or flake, I know I've bashed both the air vent and speedo bezel by removing and replacing my Sat Nav.

I suppose you can always spray them to match the car, It would be easy to do. thumbsup.gif