Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Need My Head Looking At...

SuperRetard

Got my car license (finally) last year. First purchase was a Cinquecento Sporting. Loved it to bits. My background is bikes, I've been banned for silly speeds before (which BADLY affects my insurability!) and I know my way around a racetrack. So it's only logical that within a couple of weeks I'd ordered a full set of Spax PSX and some %$(-orf wide 13" rims. Did a trackday too. Predictably the Cinq blew its guts a couple of months ago, lunching the top-end in a cam-belt tensioner horror-story.

By now my ever-worried parents were getting upset. Imagine their horror when I start purchasing a Punto 16v Sporting lump and a six-speed box... B)

They made an offer I couldn't refuse, get a 0% Dad-Loan but ONLY for what they deemed a "sensible" car. After being dragged Kevin-like (Harry Enfield character?) around car dealers and private ads, we compromised on the Yaris SR and I got a sensible, reliable, nearly-new car. Very important as I live in the middle of nowhere and commute to the office every day.

So why the fluck do I even consider selling the Yaris to buy a rusty 80's AE86??? :help:

cause AE86's are quality old skool drift machines ..

Saw one in Autotraider for £500 .. and it was a late one with kit etc .. missus phones the bloke - "nah, sold it straight away, I've had a lot of people phone about it though" .. yeah no sh*t ..

Put it this way, im a young ae86 owner (21), do you think i would buy a yaris????????????????????????????

enough said,

If you a willing to spend the money you will find an ae86 thats almost like a new car, wont depreciate, goes like f**k, bullet proof engine, and a joy to drive.

Check this one out, it was totally refurbed by a guy i know in ireland, its in gallery 6 and its for sale, itll prob cost the price of a second hand yaris but its a new car. I almost hand a love wee when i popped the bonnet and saw all the chromed bits and it has an enamel cam cover with the irish tri colour on it, it made mine look like a piece of scrap.

Click on the black one at the top

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86

:thumbsup:

There's a gorgeous gloss black AE86 on Autotrader for £3800, alledgedly mint with everything on it, coilovers, janspeed, mini-lites etc.. seems a lot for an ickle car made in '87... proper zero-depriciation classics territory it would appear. Interestingly Autotrader says it's 483 miles from my Peterborough postcode! Must be N. Ireland?

cause AE86's are quality old skool drift machines ..

oh yes!

theres an old git who potters round manfield in an absolute pearling two tone grey one and always bizzarely pulling a trailer!

breaks my heart every time!

me an my mate have been trying to source his home and offering to buy it but so far unsuccessful

I seriously intend to get one :thumbsup: Worried about rot though :(

me an my mate have been trying to source his home and offering to buy it but so far unsuccessful

Jaxx the mad stalker :lol:

If you a willing to spend the money you will find an ae86 thats almost like a new car, wont depreciate, goes like f**k, bullet proof engine, and a joy to drive.

Check this one out, it was totally refurbed by a guy i know in ireland, its in gallery 6 and its for sale, itll prob cost the price of a second hand yaris but its a new car. I almost hand a love wee when i popped the bonnet and saw all the chromed bits and it has an enamel cam cover with the irish tri colour on it, it made mine look like a piece of scrap.

Click on the black one at the top

http://www.skynet.ie/~eireae86

wheres the pic of the ae86 with the tri colour on the cam cover????

Got my car license (finally) last year. First purchase was a Cinquecento Sporting. Loved it to bits. My background is bikes, I've been banned for silly speeds before (which BADLY affects my insurability!) and I know my way around a racetrack. So it's only logical that within a couple of weeks I'd ordered a full set of Spax PSX and some %$(-orf wide 13" rims. Did a trackday too. Predictably the Cinq blew its guts a couple of months ago, lunching the top-end in a cam-belt tensioner horror-story.

By now my ever-worried parents were getting upset. Imagine their horror when I start purchasing a Punto 16v Sporting lump and a six-speed box... B)

They made an offer I couldn't refuse, get a 0% Dad-Loan™ but ONLY for what they deemed a "sensible" car. After being dragged Kevin-like (Harry Enfield character?) around car dealers and private ads, we compromised on the Yaris SR and I got a sensible, reliable, nearly-new car. Very important as I live in the middle of nowhere and commute to the office every day.

So why the fluck do I even consider selling the Yaris to buy a rusty 80's AE86??? :help:

Cos like me your old skool, old skool, drifting, spinning screech machines rule. I am seriously thinking about a 240K Datsun Skyline i have seen (as well as the Matrix from Canada) See my Avatar!

I was toying with the idea of a 260z with a RB26 dropped in ..

Niiiiiicce, I am a big fan of the Z cars and all the C and K Skylines (Prince/Datsun/Nissan)

RB26, what car is that out of (Twin T R33, i presume)?

RB26, what car is that out of (Twin T R33, i presume)?

R33 or 34 .. and yeah .. the TT ..