Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fantastic Chinese Din

kooboy

For all corolla verso users:- I just want to share my experience. I wanted to change my audio system and looked quite long tme on this forum ,which one to buy and which one works with steering wheel control etc., Finally I bought this http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/street-king-x1-super-car-dvd-player-gps-dvbt/ unit directly from china. Initially I thought it won't work with steering wheel controls. with help of member " St Thicket" on this forum, I could able to make Steering wheel controls work perfectly. And this system is way cheaper than regular alpine,sony etc.,,

For all corolla verso users:- I just want to share my experience. I wanted to change my audio system and looked quite long tme on this forum ,which one to buy and which one works with steering wheel control etc., Finally I bought this http://www.chinavasion.com/product_info.php/pName/street-king-x1-super-car-dvd-player-gps-dvbt/ unit directly from china. Initially I thought it won't work with steering wheel controls. with help of member " St Thicket" on this forum, I could able to make Steering wheel controls work perfectly. And this system is way cheaper than regular alpine,sony etc.,,

few questions as I'm thinking about doing something like that myself

does it sound better? are you using the original Speakers?

did you use any fairing to make it fill the gap the other radio used to fill?

was an ISO converted needed for the steering wheel controls to work?

can you post a picture? thanks

few questions as I'm thinking about doing something like that myself

does it sound better? are you using the original Speakers?

did you use any fairing to make it fill the gap the other radio used to fill?

was an ISO converted needed for the steering wheel controls to work?

can you post a picture? thanks

Hi

I've used the original toyota Speakers. Sound is difinitley very good. I have slight gaps on the sides,not bothered to fill it. For Steering wheel control I just did it hard way. As I couldn't find after market patch cable. This unit comes with three open wires which I've soldered to pins which can fit into the toyota original socket.

see the photo here

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=6733

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For Steering wheel control I just did it hard way. As I couldn't find after market patch cable. This unit comes with three open wires which I've soldered to pins which can fit into the toyota original socket.

Hi there

Could you please elaborate a bit further on how you went about getting the steering wheel controls to work?

I've purchased a similar radio - but couldn't get the steering wheel controls working - so ditched the project. I would LOVE to know how you managed to retain steering wheel controls with your radio....

• 8 months later...

Hi Im Deniz from Turkey I have a 2006 toyota verso I want to change its cd player. I want a double DIN but ıf I have a double din I will not be able to use my steer controls Can you help me too my email is deniz-canpolat@hotmail.com