Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mirrors On Avensis Se: Heated/non Heated?

coxtonyj

Hi,

I'm trying to get the passenger mirror fixed on a T reg Avensis SE. Mounting seems OK but the glass needs replacing. Does anyone know if the SE edition has heated or unheated mirrors? (Excuse for not knowing this: it's my girlfriend's car, trying to get it fixed for her while she's on hols, don't have owner's manual (for car not girlfriend that is ... hmm, either for that matter)). Looks to me very much like this one isn't - can't find a button for it on dash (or do they come on with the rear windscreen heater?) and only 3 wires into the mounting (presumably one each for horizontal and vertical motor plus one for earth). However dealer says that mirror will 'almost certainly' be heated and so unheated ones aren't kept in stock and have to be ordered specially - sounds to me like a bit of a scam to 'encourage' people to pay extra for heated mirrors that they don't need!?

So I'd be very grateful if anyone could tell me which mirror I need.

Tony

This isn't much use I know but I am certain that heated mirrors activate when rear screen demist switch is pressed - def on mine anyway !

Have you tried looking in Halfords for a replacement.

If they dont stock the particular model I think they will cut you one to size if you give them a template. It just sticks over the broken one