Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Not Much Under Seal On The Aygo.

Uncle Bob

Yesterday i serviced the AYGO and while laying there letting the last few drips of oil come out the sump, i looked over the floor pan area and surprised to find very little under seal in all the places that are important, strange way to cut costs !

Yesterday i serviced the AYGO and while laying there letting the last few drips of oil come out the sump, i looked over the floor pan area and surprised to find very little under seal in all the places that are important, strange way to cut costs !

A true petrol head - you are! :thumbsup:

Modern cars do not have as much underseal as those of years past.

The methods of production and anti corrosion treatment used on modern vehicles (Galvanised body pannels, vulnerable stone chip areas film protected etc) render the use of heavy underseal unnecessary.

This add to the weight saving and therefore fuel economy :thumbsup:

The methods of production and anti corrosion treatment used on modern vehicles (Galvanised body pannels, vulnerable stone chip areas film protected etc) render the use of heavy underseal unnecessary.

you got to joking. toyota using galvanised panels,your lucky to get the car painted. where is the vunerable area

film fitted under the car. lots of cars still have some sort of under seal.

but not toyota,if they did that you would get value for your money.

you got to joking. toyota using galvanised panels,your lucky to get the car painted. where is the vunerable area

If you re-read my post you will see that I did not refer to TOYOTA specifically, but generically to modern vehicles..........many of which use galvanised panels nowdays

I am interested in your comment "lucky to get the car painted" as the paintwork on any Toyotas that I have owned has been perfectly adequate...........Can you expand on what you stated with an example?

If you re-read my post you will see that I did not refer to TOYOTA specifically, but generically to modern vehicles..........many of which use galvanised panels nowdays

I am interested in your comment "lucky to get the car painted" as the paintwork on any Toyotas that I have owned has been perfectly adequate...........Can you expand on what you stated with an example?

hi red

uncle bob was talking about his aygo not any other manufacturers model.

yes some cars are fitted with galvanised panels ( doors, bonnets,etc ) that are vunerable areas.

but not under the car.

when i purchased my auris it was a toyota approved and as such was given specific checks to meet this title

but it was between sevices when i purchased it had 5000 miles before its next sevice was due.

for peace of mind after got i took it to a friends garage to give it an early oil change Mobil esp 5w-30.

it a lot easier to change the oil and filter when the cars on a ramp.

as soon as the car was raised up and we got under it the first thing my friend said there no underbody prtection.

and commented that later toyotas are not built to the same standared as they use to be.

when i wrote that your lucky to get paint i was refering to how cheaply they seem to be made lately.

interior materials is very poor indeed,

standered equipment is very limeted. when collected the auris from the dealers the salesman explained how the smart entry worked, and showed me how touching the button on drivers handle locks and sets the alarm and imobiliser

and explained the opititron meter works. (the cars a T-SPIRIT duel 1.6 vvti.

when i thought i would give the alarm a test as the car is kept in the garage overnight,i find that there is no alarm fitted only the imobiliser,if you want a alarm then you have to order it when purchasing the car as new.

this is the 21 centuary and and attetude to other peoples property has changed and a car alarm should a basic fitting.

any extras or spares on toyota are a rediculas price thats why i was being facetious when on my comment about

toyota paintwork which is ok on the auris.

a lot of underseal used these days is not the old tacky stuff of old but hard setting material thats sprayed the same colour as the car,and looks like a pimply finish.

when I got my Blue I queried about the fact that the underside of the bonnet is not 'painted' only primered and that the warranty states that it covers all painted panels but not unpainted ones - they explained that primered under bonnet is classed as 'paint' and is therefore fully covered by the paintwork and corrosion warranties.......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links