Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Seat "clicks" At Times

Stevet1138

I have noticed that soemtimes when I pull off from stationary or if I accelerate hard I get what I can only describe as a "click" coming from somewhere in the drivers seat. I have even felt this on occasions in my lower back but have no idea where it is coming from or what is casung it. This does not hapen all of the time and I have readjusted the seat to see if this made a difference (not that I noticed). Has anyone else had this? Oh the car in question is a 58 plate 1.6 T-Spirit with 12K on the clock.

I have noticed that soemtimes when I pull off from stationary or if I accelerate hard I get what I can only describe as a "click" coming from somewhere in the drivers seat. I have even felt this on occasions in my lower back but have no idea where it is coming from or what is casung it. This does not hapen all of the time and I have readjusted the seat to see if this made a difference (not that I noticed). Has anyone else had this? Oh the car in question is a 58 plate 1.6 T-Spirit with 12K on the clock.

usually from any car that makes the click when you drive is usually means it was not click into place after you have adjusted it,

just double check that it is click into place after a adjustment, push it back and forward just to make sure its locked into place before you drive so it does not click or give you a scare.

if that does not fix it and its under warranty go back to where you bought it to get it checked. it may cause problem if the seat starts to move when you drive.

Yip I get this too... last time it was in I pointed it out but the problem remains. I'll get back onto them about it soon.

• 3 months later...

Just had the car put through it's second year service (it's done 14K) and I mentioned the seat "clicking" to the dealer - well it turns out that I need a new seat base fitted under warranty so it was well worth getting them to have a look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone any more experience with the seat base issue? I am taking my Auris into the dealers tomorrow because of this. When I explained the problem and that other owners had the seat base replaced under warrenty, they said that they were not aware of the problem!

Can anyone else give me some ammunition to prove this is an issue? Thanks

My Auris 1.6 has 300 miles on the clock and does that. It is very disturbing. Brand new car and clicks away. BTW I wheigh 120 kg, maybe that is the issue. :rolleyes:

I get sqeeking... seems to come and go too :-\

have read on someones posting a while ago that the noise they had from their seat was actualy coming from their seat belt anchorage and by a bit of fiddling with it the problem was solved.

always considered my auris lovely and quiet,but one day got this noise from my seat area,so remembering what i read i gave my seat belt anchorage a a twist about and hey presto the noise was cured.

ive had the same problem the following time i went out in the car,so gave the same treatment with the same result.that was 6 months ago and had no more problem.

i am not saying this is the answer to all seating area noises,but its worth considering it may not be the seat itself.when i say belt anchorage i mean where you klick yor belt into and has release button.

Thanks everyone for the replies. The dealer has agreed (after some discussion) to replace the seat frame. If I have more problems, I will post an update.

Hi there. My girlfriend has just bought an Auris 2.0 d4d 2008. It's done about 14 000 miles, and it was a toyota company car before. Both the driver and passenger seats, maybe have the same problem. The back of the seat moves (has some windage in it). The seats are not electric. The movement in the top of the seat is nearly half an inch. We have told the dealer about this several times and they said to us that it's normal :eek: . The thing is that we checked a few other cars and they have had the same problem, so we thought it's realy normal. Even a brand new one in the dealership had a litle windage :eek:. Do you have the same problem or this is something else.

Hi there. My girlfriend has just bought an Auris 2.0 d4d 2008. It's done about 14 000 miles, and it was a toyota company car before. Both the driver and passenger seats, maybe have the same problem. The back of the seat moves (has some windage in it). The seats are not electric. The movement in the top of the seat is nearly half an inch. We have told the dealer about this several times and they said to us that it's normal :eek: . The thing is that we checked a few other cars and they have had the same problem, so we thought it's realy normal. Even a brand new one in the dealership had a litle windage :eek:. Do you have the same problem or this is something else.

hi

the seat is adjustable foreward and backand in most cars up and down also the seat back angle can be adjusted.

as so the seat can slide back or foreward in its runner it has to be loose enough in this runner to do so.

this is a very small amount of play or tolerance.

as you are moving the seat by putting your hand on the top of the seat,then the movement or play is being exaggerated by the heigt of the seat.ive just checked mine to see how much movement and yes about half an inch.

and thats what i would expect.

there is nothing wrong with your seat having this movement.

this is a very small amount of play or tolerance.

as you are moving the seat by putting your hand on the top of the seat,then the movement or play is being exaggerated by the heigt of the seat.ive just checked mine to see how much movement and yes about half an inch.

and thats what i would expect.

there is nothing wrong with your seat having this movement.

The thing is that I drive an Avensis T25 with no elecetric seats and it has no such problem. And I happened to drove a lot of cars, even two door hatchbacks and no such problem there too. I believe that the mechanism is constructed like that, so I'm relieved to know that it will probably not become any looser.

I'm sorry for the off topic, as it happens my "problem" is not a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

My D-4D 1.4 had this problem too – it became noticeable in the second year. Apparently it was due to free play developing around two rivets in the tilting mechanism. It was put right under warranty by replacing the seat base. The dealer hadn’t come across the problem before, so it’s probably not a common one.