Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kits And Air Scoops...

MattMR2Turbo

Hiya all :D

I'm thinking of getting an induction kit for my Rev 3 turbo. I've read a few posts about these and from what I've seen the Apexi induction kit is one of the best to get? I'm after performance rather than looks.

Also, are the Bomex air scoops very effective? I prefer these to the TOM's scoops as they're more subtle, but are they very effective as the bend in them looks quite restrictive. I don't visually like either but I am getting one if I have an induction kit! (unless of course anyone can tell me how to have a good cold air feed to the cone filter in that engine bay!)

Thanks

Matt :thumbsup:

The Apexi is best .. I posted a thread with a test of several ages ago. Look up "filter test" or something ..

The other way of getting a cold feed is to block a lot of the air flow from the passenger side intake to the engine .. then the heat from the engine will not effect the filter as there is somethng to block it ..

A nice sheet of perspex should do the trick.

Yea Adrian at Fensport said that. A bit of Carbon Fibre would be best but would be expensive and tricky.

I did read your filter test, that's what I remembered - they come in quite cheap too :D

Yeah .. CF is damn expensive .. I've seen the foiled acrd stuff used .. I think anything to restrict the airflow from the engine to the filter would be a good idea (which I think the scoops do by forcing a lot of air down behind the filter .. keeps the hot air away).

And I've been in Turbo's with K&N, Apexi, HKS and they all sound so similar .. but I'd never go for HKS again after the shocking filtration on my car ..

Hi Matt, I have sold at least 20 Apexi power Intake kits for the MR2 Rev 3 Turbo and every customer who has fitted one has reported a improvement in responsiveness as well as a more aggresive suction noise :D They also offer the best filtration of any of the aftermarket airfilter kits! Get one fitted you won't regret it.

I currently have 5 in stock at £120each, available on next day delivery. Check out our website www.envyperformance.com for more info.

Thanks

Kevin

Tom's flows better out of the 2 types. Go the extra step and get a sealed cold airbox made...well worth it, I can post pics of mine if you want some inspiration :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Im due to give my pod a clean so I'll snap some pics and post them in the next day or two :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links