Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Ipod

bokkie

Guys, I've searched around and can't really find a definitive answer. We have the factory-fitted satnav. It has a usb socket and there is an ipod selector in one of the audio menus. I plugged my ipod into the usb socket and the ipod seemed to see something out there as it displayed a connected type of message. I selected the ipod audio setting but the satnav said there was no device connected. From what I've read, one camp seem to says you plug it and away you go, and the other camp (majority) says you must have the integration kit.

Further, if you do have an integration kit you end up with a socket near the gear stick which implies it fits somewhere near the eco button? I also read that if you have the kit installed you have a messy stiff cable on show which, if true, hardly seems an elegant implementation.

Has anyone actually used an ipod in their iq on the satnav system? Do you need the integration kit? Will it or should it work without a kit if I plug my ipod directly into the usb socket? I can live without drive-time interaction onscreen as there's nothing to stop me setting a playlist on the ipod (although I've never tried that yet). Anyway, help would be appreciated and if anyone's done it would you care to post some pics?

Thanks.

It might be slightly clearer now. I spoke to my local Mr. T dealer and I get the impression that relatively recent new iQs with satnav units have the kit already fitted hence there's no need to do anything but plug and go. Our iQ was built before then but it can be retro-fitted hence the need to buy the integration kit. They tell me they have a demo car with one fitted so I'll have a look tomorrow morning.

That makes sense as I think the integration kit used to be sold separately. Now, they have increased the price of the satnav but included the integration kit.

It would still be interesting to hear from those who have used the integration kit, how well it works and what the sound is like.

That makes sense as I think the integration kit used to be sold separately. Now, they have increased the price of the satnav but included the integration kit.

It would still be interesting to hear from those who have used the integration kit, how well it works and what the sound is like.

I'll take my ipod with me and plug it in. It'll be interesting to see ehat it looks like on screen and what the sound is like. This of course depends on whether Mr.T will let me try it.

I'll take my ipod with me and plug it in. It'll be interesting to see ehat it looks like on screen and what the sound is like. This of course depends on whether Mr.T will let me try it.

I saw it in iQ today. All new cars with the satnav have it fitted by default. There is a cable that runs from the back of the satnav and is routed behind the trim and it surfaces at one of the blank points by the gearstick where the eco and traction control buttons are. From there, there is a removable cable which has the standard ipod plug at one end and at the other is an odd-looking connector which I've never seen before which plugs into the socket connected to the satnav. I forgot to take my ipod with me but the general impression is that it's professionally fitted. The salesman told me you could plug the ipod directly into the aux port on the front of the satnav. Again, I've not seen such a cable before but I know little about such things anyway. I'm booking the car in for a service next month so I'll ask them to order the kit and fit it at the same time.

I saw it in iQ today. All new cars with the satnav have it fitted by default. There is a cable that runs from the back of the satnav and is routed behind the trim and it surfaces at one of the blank points by the gearstick where the eco and traction control buttons are. From there, there is a removable cable which has the standard ipod plug at one end and at the other is an odd-looking connector which I've never seen before which plugs into the socket connected to the satnav. I forgot to take my ipod with me but the general impression is that it's professionally fitted. The salesman told me you could plug the ipod directly into the aux port on the front of the satnav. Again, I've not seen such a cable before but I know little about such things anyway. I'm booking the car in for a service next month so I'll ask them to order the kit and fit it at the same time.

Hello Bokkie,

I have the sat nav with the ipod integration and I think it is well worth paying the extra to be able to control your ipod from the screen of the sat nav unit and once you get used to how the menu system works its a doddle to navigate between your music without too much bother.

If you have any specific questions then give me a shout!

Neil.

Hello Bokkie,

I have the sat nav with the ipod integration and I think it is well worth paying the extra to be able to control your ipod from the screen of the sat nav unit and once you get used to how the menu system works its a doddle to navigate between your music without too much bother.

Neil.

Thanks Neil. I've got about a month to go before I need to clock in for the service but I'll certainly make sure they fit the kit. It's nice to know you can use the satnav screen to cycle through the songs etc. Once I've got it fitted I might need to PM you in your capacity as iqipod guru in case I'm unable to work it out. In the meantime, do you think you could post a photo or two showing what the screen looks like?

Hello Bokkie,

Neil.

Thanks Neil. I've got about a month to go before I need to clock in for the service but I'll certainly make sure they fit the kit. It's nice to know you can use the satnav screen to cycle through the songs etc. Once I've got it fitted I might need to PM you in your capacity as iqipod guru in case I'm unable to work it out. In the meantime, do you think you could post a photo or two showing what the screen looks like?

Hello Bokkie,

Your best bet is to download the user manual from here: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aim_searchByKword1.asp?d=1&action=kword&mscssid=&strKword=tns510&admin=

Click on the magnifying glass next to the English version to start the download (its about 9MB).