thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

hi i have a 95 landcruiser 4.5 petrol lpg converted

when it is on petrol it is missing,

how do i change the fuel filter on it and could this be the problem

any help appreciated

thanks in advance

Hi ch_shabs,

Hope you haven't been holding your breath waiting for an answer to your problem. By now I would suspect you have had it fixed.

Anyway,back to your miss.I don't remember exactly where the filter is, however,fuel injected or not,if you follow the fuel line from the fuelrail or (Carby,if carburettored), back to the tank,you will find a metal (or plastic if carby) canister in the line and bolted to a guard or firewall or chassis. Remove the pipes from either end(carefully if injected, because pressure in the line can be 5 > 6 times that of a carby vehicle), remove the filter and fit the new one, (note direction of flow arrow on the new filter). Wind over vehicle to start,(if injected this may take a few turns to build the necessary pressure. Recheck your work for leaks over the next couple of days.If you cannot find a filter on an injected vehicle in the line, it will be in the tank, wrapped around the pump.Access is through the floor above the tank.If tackling one of these, I suggest you take it slowly and pay a lot of attention to detail.

Other than that,because it is on gas and i've seen some horrific fitments (aftermarket), i would suspect an injector before the blaming the filter.Check the wiring to the injectors with a noid light if you can beg,borrow, or steal one and if the wiring is working ok, remove the nozzles and have them tested and cleaned.

Cheers Greg.