Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breast Implants Need Checking

Raistlin

_45031004_-18.jpg

Women with breast enlargements are being advised to contact their surgeon amid concerns about the safety of a certain type of implant.

A French inquiry has found that Poly Implant Protheses - or PIPs - are filled with an unapproved gel and are missing protective barriers.

About 50,000 British women may have these implants.

The body for plastic surgeons warned against alarm, but said those with PIPs needed a check-up within six months.

If an ultrasound establishes that the implant is weakened or ruptured, then both should be removed, the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) advised.

"This is certainly an unusual situation but so far there is no serious cause for alarm - whilst further tests are conducted into the substance, we recommend that women who've undergone breast augmentation contact their surgeons to find out what type of implant was used," said its president Nigel Mercer

"If it's PIP they should have an ultrasound in the next six months to establish whether there is any weakening or rupture. At present removal is recommended in these cases, but if there is one ruptured implant, the contralateral one should be taken out as well, as a preventative measure."

Mattress claim

In March, The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said no more PIPs should be implanted and that any remaining should be returned to the manufacturer.

The French company which produced PIPs has gone into administration. All the devices were recalled in France earlier this year.

The inquiry by the French association of plastic surgeons reported that the company had from 2005 dispensed with the protective barrier and was also using a gel with a composition different from that approved.

To determine how the altered version might react with the human body, BAAPs says French colleagues contacted the gel manufacturers for any studies. There were none, as they had understood the substance to be intended for use in mattresses.

Nigel Mercer added that surgeons who had fitted PIPs should not be held accountable for doing so.

"There was no way of knowing the gel was untested or that the protective envelope, which adds strength and restricts the gel from travelling into the body, had been dispensed with."

PIPs were among the cheaper brands of breast implants available. The French started investigating after surgeons reported they were rupturing more quickly than other brands.

Volunteers are required for the inspection, please contact the mods.

_45031004_-18.jpg

Women with breast enlargements are being advised to contact their surgeon amid concerns about the safety of a certain type of implant.

A French inquiry has found that Poly Implant Protheses - or PIPs - are filled with an unapproved gel and are missing protective barriers.

About 50,000 British women may have these implants.

The body for plastic surgeons warned against alarm, but said those with PIPs needed a check-up within six months.

If an ultrasound establishes that the implant is weakened or ruptured, then both should be removed, the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) advised.

"This is certainly an unusual situation but so far there is no serious cause for alarm - whilst further tests are conducted into the substance, we recommend that women who've undergone breast augmentation contact their surgeons to find out what type of implant was used," said its president Nigel Mercer

"If it's PIP they should have an ultrasound in the next six months to establish whether there is any weakening or rupture. At present removal is recommended in these cases, but if there is one ruptured implant, the contralateral one should be taken out as well, as a preventative measure."

Mattress claim In March, The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said no more PIPs should be implanted and that any remaining should be returned to the manufacturer.

The French company which produced PIPs has gone into administration. All the devices were recalled in France earlier this year.

The inquiry by the French association of plastic surgeons reported that the company had from 2005 dispensed with the protective barrier and was also using a gel with a composition different from that approved.

To determine how the altered version might react with the human body, BAAPs says French colleagues contacted the gel manufacturers for any studies. There were none, as they had understood the substance to be intended for use in mattresses.

Nigel Mercer added that surgeons who had fitted PIPs should not be held accountable for doing so.

"There was no way of knowing the gel was untested or that the protective envelope, which adds strength and restricts the gel from travelling into the body, had been dispensed with."

PIPs were among the cheaper brands of breast implants available. The French started investigating after surgeons reported they were rupturing more quickly than other brands.

Volunteers are required for the inspection, please contact the mods.

Gee thanks Raistlin!.................I have already had over 15 PM's :eek:

I have asked them to form an orderly queue behind Victor :lol:

Can I volunteer for duty please? I don't want to make a boob of the job, Victor could give me a hand! I bet those woman going in for a check up feel a right t1t :naughty:

Kingo :thumbsup:

No need for implants, at all, at all :eek:

I prefer them to be natural, petite & perky, & treat them with tender loving care :angel_not::kisss::laughing:

No need for implants, at all, at all eek.gif

I prefer them to be natural, petite & perky, & treat them with tender loving care angel_not.gifkisss.giflaughing.gif

Which begs the question why do you keep posting pictures of Asian ladies with very large appendages ? unsure.gif

No need for implants, at all, at all eek.gif

I prefer them to be natural, petite & perky, & treat them with tender loving care angel_not.gifkisss.giflaughing.gif

Which begs the question why do you keep posting pictures of Asian ladies with very large appendages ? unsure.gif

For YOUR delectation & entertainment :lol: I know your preferences too, & being a big hearted soul, try to cater for all tastes :thumbsup:

Well after your last batch of snaps Balli and Kingo had to see the nurse... :D

Well after your last batch of snaps Balli and Kingo had to see the nurse... :D

I sincerely hope that she was able to provide some relief for them :naughty: always assuming it wasn't a Male Nurse :disgust: ......................... & then again, maybe that would suit them :lol2:

In the dark a mouth's a mouth... eek.gif

In the dark a mouth's a mouth... eek.gif

I should be shocked......but then again, it is Raistlin :lol: :lol: :lol:

and as for Asian babes.........keep em coming :naughty:

Many years ago I used to have a girlfriend who had very nice breast implants.... I was checking them all the time :drool::yes:

Many years ago I used to have a girlfriend who had very nice breast implants.... I was checking them all the time :drool::yes:

Why am I not suprised :rolleyes::lol:

Many years ago I used to have a girlfriend who had very nice breast implants.... I was checking them all the time drool.gifyes.gif

Yeah, they were in a drawer so she didn't wear them out... laugh.gif

If they were in her drawers, surely they were Cheek implants? unsure.gifohmy.gif

Straight to the bottom.... Welcome back biggrin.gif

If they were in her drawers, surely they were Cheek implants? unsure.gifohmy.gif

Very :offtopic: [sorry, Steve]

Thanks Raist :thumbsup: Nice to be missed :D

Big family celebration at the week end, My Granddaughter was Baptised :toast: We couldn't have picked a better day if we had tried . It was a scorcher & everyone got burnt.

I had to stay sober as I had to drive people to trains, Airport etc :crybaby: Still , a family & friends get-together is a lovely occasion & worth my sacrifice. A very nice touch - the Rector added a few precious drops of water from the river Jordan to the Font, before Baptising her.

A good time was had by all :lol:

Very offtopic.gif [sorry, Steve]

Thanks Raist thumbsup.gif Nice to be missed biggrin.gif

Big family celebration at the week end, My Granddaughter was Baptised toast.gif We couldn't have picked a better day if we had tried . It was a scorcher & everyone got burnt.

I had to stay sober as I had to drive people to trains, Airport etc crybaby.gif Still , a family & friends get-together is a lovely occasion & worth my sacrifice. A very nice touch - the Rector added a few precious drops of water from the river Jordan to the Font, before Baptising her.

A good time was had by all laugh.gif

Jordan's river no.gifyucky.gifsick.gif

Big family celebration at the week end, My Granddaughter was Baptised toast.gif We couldn't have picked a better day if we had tried . It was a scorcher & everyone got burnt.

I had to stay sober as I had to drive people to trains, Airport etc crybaby.gif Still , a family & friends get-together is a lovely occasion & worth my sacrifice. A very nice touch - the Rector added a few precious drops of water from the river Jordan to the Font, before Baptising her.

Well, Gandhi used drink his own every day. :eek: So, if it was good enough for him..... :lol:

Well, Gandhi used drink his own every day. eek.gif So, if it was good enough for him..... laugh.gif

offtopic.gif Back to Guinness

Well, Gandhi used drink his own every day. eek.gif So, if it was good enough for him..... laugh.gif

Every time! :yahoo:

Every time! yahoo.gif

I wish I had as many beer tokens spare as you do, Oh the ideal rich thumbsup.gif

Every time! yahoo.gif

I wish I had as many beer tokens spare as you do, Oh the ideal rich thumbsup.gif

I wish that your wish of my richness was true :( Thank you for including me in the label "Ideal" :yes:. I know that I am your Idol, but truly, I'm just idle :bangin::laughing:

Every time! yahoo.gif

I wish that your wish of my richness was true sad.gif Thank you for including me in the label "Ideal" yes.gif. I know that I am your Idol, but truly, I'm just idle bangin.giflaughing.gif

It wasn't a typo, I would never put you up on a pedestal .. I know of some of your less savoury habits eek.gif and I wouldn't want to be underneath at the crucial time laugh.gif

There is really no one I would prefer to have there "at the crucial time" :yes::thumbsup:

We all need to have our friends around us in times like that :lol2:

There is really no one I would prefer to have there "at the crucial time" yes.gifthumbsup.gif

We all need to have our friends around us in times like that lol.gif

I prefer strangers...eek.gif