Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Help! Help! 3 Topics For The Price Of One

daf-fy

I have just got my Blue back from the dealer - they replaced the noisy backbox :thumbsup: , a broken interior door handle :thumbsup: and fixed a dodgy panel on the leather trim :thumbsup: all under warranty ..............

however, they didn't find any fault with the jerky/ not wanting to always engage reverse MMT box :ffs: - any bulletins or info or software updates?

also could not help re additional door seals - said they had never heard of them :crybaby: - any part numbers/ bulletins on this one?

finally I'd pointed out to them that I have been having excessive tyre wear and spotted that the front suspension top mounts were completely at different angles to the turrets - they checked it out and said 'no problem as they are within tolerance' :help: - any info/ figures on this? anyone else noticed this on yours - when you look at the top of the struts poking through the turrets they are not equal/ not symmetrical/ almost randomly positioned?!

3 sorted/ 3 not at least its balanced :huh:

FWIW our MMT can sometimes 'wait' to get into Reverse. However, not been an issue other than putting it down to the car's brain processing the signal - after all this is a drive by wire system.

My take on it is that with everything else in the car being spot-on, sometimes to solve one thing, other things get knocked off kilter. If yours is not finding reverse now and again I'd suggest leaving it for fear of them mucking up something else...

As for tyre wear. Been there done it I'm afraid :( Took it directly to Toyota GB Customer Services and they agreed to replace the front tyres on a BOGOF for the Michelins. If you stay at them, structure your argument coherently and really press, you should get somewhere.

My next battle is over the front brakes - discs are lipping and pads 50%. This is on a car that has done 12K miles in 13 months. Unacceptable.

However, for your Dealer to not know about the exra door seals - I'd rip 'em a new one as I couldn't accept that level of incomeptance...

Hi,

Just to reply to the part about the MMT gearbox. My girlfriend had the same problem but in a corsa new shape. It turned out she wasn't putting her foot on the brake to change from A to R it just flashed. She was never told she needed to this in her defence.

Paddy

ta for the info so far........

I'm gonna go and check the handbook about the brakes point - sure it said you could go from forward to reverse at low spped eg under 5mph but maybe that was wishful thinking.........

on the door seals - anyone got part numbers for the additional 3 door ones?

anyone else checked their struts to see if they look vaguely similar in angle?

cheers

It turned out she wasn't putting her foot on the brake to change from A to R it just flashed.

I'm going to try that next time! Thaks for the tip :)