Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen3 Spotting On Holiday

johalareewi

Just come back from a trip round bits of europe and I only saw one Gen3 Prius which was a taxi in Barcelona.

I see at least 1 Gen3 a day here in Gloucestershire

Getting a tad too common lol

loking at a prius t spirit 2010 a local dealers. could not see anywhere showing which model it was.

the sales man said look its got a camera by the number plate so its a t spirit.

that seems strange way of identify which model a prious a car is.

i see cars are described as gen1/2/3 could someone explain what this means and how do you know which models which please as i am getting confused as a potentionel buyer.

PS..... can anyone lend me the money i promise not to pay you back.

peter.

I was trying to spot them in Spain/Portugal :)

Have a read here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prius

Prius models usually have a badge on the rear (T3 T4 Tspirit) but I believe that Toyota have recently stopped doing this. My T3 from November 2009 has a T3 badge on the back.

I heard that as well and I cannot understand why. It will be irritating for pre owned buyers to have to ask what the model is to be told its not the one that meets the spec they want at a Toyota dealer and as these filter down to more general dealers you can well imagine a salesman who has not checked his stock having to go into his office to find the answer.

The other thing that confuses the situation is that in the US market they have released the post 2009 model 3rd generation Prius in four grades from II to V, a basic grade I is to be released in due course, so sometimes this numbering gets confused with generations on Prius chat with references to gen V even though it will be about 10 years before the actual 5th gen hits the roads.

Have a read here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prius

Prius models usually have a badge on the rear (T3 T4 Tspirit) but I believe that Toyota have recently stopped doing this. My T3 from November 2009 has a T3 badge on the back.

I heard that as well and I cannot understand why. It will be irritating for pre owned buyers to have to ask what the model is to be told its not the one that meets the spec they want at a Toyota dealer and as these filter down to more general dealers you can well imagine a salesman who has not checked his stock having to go into his office to find the answer.

He wouldn't have to go to his office if he knows the Prius. If it has 15" wheels and no solar roof it's a T3, if it has Nav it's a T-Spirit, if it has 17" wheels, no Nav and leather steering wheel with cruise control it's a T4.

Just got back from a road trip to France and I spotted loads of Prius/Prii whilst there. Most were the Gen2 but I did spot a few French gen3's, the first being in Calais.

Didn't see as many Prius as back here in the UK but I did see more than expected. Still must be quite rare in some parts as I people did stop and stare whilst I glided silently past them. :unsure:

They are getting quite common around here. I would say that apart from mine there are half a dozen that I see regularly which has gone up from the 2 seen reguarly before I brought mine in March, and in total I would say I have seen well into double figures. I've even seen a venerable 1st gen! Indeed on Saturday I wished I had my camera. I parked mine in a local Supermarket and when I returned, two spaces down there was a grey 3rd gen and a further two spaces a blue 3rd gen. I also know of someone who was getting a Lexus Hybrid.

Its not that surprising when one considers that the area is rural in nature requiring a decent run of 10 miles or more to the next major centre, so the miles can add up even for those who don't undertake business journeys. Given this,low car tax and low interest rates, buying a late 2nd gen or early 3rd gen is a non brainer for those intending to keep a car for a number of years.

The only time heads tend to turn is when I am driving around car parks in "stealth" mode.