Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Gxi

Geoffers

Hello All,

I have a Corolla 1.8 GXI and have had it for 17 years, looking for people with the same car, could this car be a classic in years to come?

Geoffers

Hi and welcome to TOC.

I am not too sure, it all depends upon what people consider as "classic". People often consider the AE86 a classic because of it's legendary 4A-GE engine, and because they are the Kings of Drift.

Other people imagine a classic car to be one with charisma and "spirit" such as Aston Martin, however I am not aware of any feature which made the GXi stand out from any other Corolla or hatch at the time. I don't know much about them so I don't speak from a great pot of knowledge! ;)

Get some pictures up mate so we can all have a look see! :yes:

KP

They're not in your previous post..... :huh:

Start up your own PhotoBucket account and then upload your picture onto there, you can then copy and paste the japfest072.jpg

EDIT and now my links aren't working, smooooooth.

Round two:

saturday2010013-1.jpg

Just took me an hour to put them on here ha ha, i'm rubbish with computer

post-92609-127696510171_thumb.jpg

post-92609-127696511328_thumb.jpg

post-92609-127696512582_thumb.jpg

post-92609-127696513543_thumb.jpg

post-92609-127696515023_thumb.jpg

A nice example there buddy!

It'll be very useful to you if you learn to use a PB account! It'll make posting images much easier! :yes: ;)

Thanks, it is a great car it has never let me down, in my younger days i had it lowered by 35mm and had 17inch stealth's on it, about 5 years ago i put in back to standard spec,

I had a Corolla AE92 GTI in black before i got my GXI, i have some pictures of it will scan them in for you ( that my take sometime ), how long have you been doing your AE92 up?

Thanks, it is a great car it has never let me down, in my younger days i had it lowered by 35mm and had 17inch stealth's on it, about 5 years ago i put in back to standard spec,

I had a Corolla AE92 GTI in black before i got my GXI, i have some pictures of it will scan them in for you ( that my take sometime ), how long have you been doing your AE92 up?

That'd be :thumbsup:

I have been doing mine up for almost two years since I was 14, I'm now 15 and have taken the engine out, replaced the clutch, gasket and various other things myself. I'm now just waiting for the welding to be done by the pros this summer! :yahoo:

Check out my Build Thread, it's on the first page of the Corolla Section. ;)

that looks mint mate, very nice

:drool: Wow,that does look amazing.Even if it never becomes a classic,a car in that sort of original condition will never lose any value now and will always look cooler than a new car :thumbsup:

Hi Geoffers,

Your GXI looks stunning i don't think i've seen a cleaner example:D I'm the proud owner of an identical GXI not quite as clean but it's a work in progress!! It's also a Manchester car having come from RRG in Rochdale some years ago. I'm looking for a leather gearknob the one in it has disintegrated over time and Toyota in Ireland are quite expensive:P Perhaps some of you might be able to help? Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments, it is good to see there not just me who loves the GXI, do any of you go to toyota shows, i'm new to this but going to start going and take my corolla, anyone local to manchester?

nice car Geoffers.

im from manchester. where in manchester you from?

:drool: Wow,that does look amazing.Even if it never becomes a classic,a car in that sort of original condition will never lose any value now and will always look cooler than a new car :thumbsup:

Thanks jw67

Hi Geoffers,

Your GXI looks stunning i don't think i've seen a cleaner example:D I'm the proud owner of an identical GXI not quite as clean but it's a work in progress!! It's also a Manchester car having come from RRG in Rochdale some years ago. I'm looking for a leather gearknob the one in it has disintegrated over time and Toyota in Ireland are quite expensive:P Perhaps some of you might be able to help? Thanks

Thanks dazzler, got mine from RRG bury, i will ask about for you, there are alot of toyota scrap yards in manchester will see if there is one about

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Geoffers,

Thanks dazzler, got mine from RRG bury, i will ask about for you, there are alot of toyota scrap yards in manchester will see if there is one about

Thanks geoffers that would be cool mate!! sorry i havent been on in a while i'll upload some (better) pics of my GXI tomorrow hope you all like them!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links