Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Remove Headlights

merliauds

Hi

I need to change the headlights in my 2007 Avensis for Continental ones. I have the replacement headlights and wondered if anyone could give me some advice about the best way to get the RHD ones out before I start. Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

In case you haven't figured it out yet, you'll have to remove the front spoilers and bumper cover to get the headlights out.

There are numerous bolts, clips and retainers to undo and connectors if you have the fog lights and/or headlight washers.

Make a drawing and take pictures of all these bolt's etc. locations, in case you don't have a manual, before you start.

It's a 2 man job because of the size of the bumper.

Once you get that all off, replacing the headlight units is a piece of cake.

Good luck.

Hi Thermal

Thanks very much for your reply! As I suspected, it's not a two minute, one man job! I'll take your advice and rope my wife in to help, take photos etc. Just need a fine day to get it done.

Hi Thermal

Thanks very much for your reply! As I suspected, it's not a two minute, one man job! I'll take your advice and rope my wife in to help, take photos etc. Just need a fine day to get it done.

Using the wife could be very expensive in payment of her services !!. You have been warned !!!. :rolleyes: