Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sluggish Surf

clack

Hi chaps

I have just bought a early 2.4 td surf. It seems very sluggish. I took it for a run and it struggled to hit 70 and just doesnt seem to have much grunt. The turbo whistles but it just doesnt seem to want to go above 3000rpm.

Any ideas?

Hi chaps

I have just bought a early 2.4 td surf. It seems very sluggish. I took it for a run and it struggled to hit 70 and just doesnt seem to have much grunt. The turbo whistles but it just doesnt seem to want to go above 3000rpm.

Any ideas?

Sorry to say that even new the 2.4td was no ball of fire but has it been serviced recently clack ?

I was going to suggest having a word with the lads on the Surf forum but it looks as though they`ve had a bit trouble. :unsure:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/

Yeah I checked that site earlier. Been doing a bit bit of reading up and seems they are prone for cracking the head So im getting the willies about it now!!!

Yeah I checked that site earlier. Been doing a bit bit of reading up and seems they are prone for cracking the head So im getting the willies about it now!!!

Hello Clack,

I Have A 3 Ltr Surf Which Is not SLOW but to Check A few THINGS out on you 2.4Ltr. you should try the following things in this order of cost!

Make sure the breaks are not binding.

Change the fuel filter

Do a Compression test.

I think you would know the head was going by overheating problems.

A whisteling turbo is not a good sign however so that could be your problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links