Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sound System

RyanPP

Hi, just wondered if anyone has had experience fitting their own stereo and / or sub woofer into the aygo.

Is it difficult or is it all self explanatory?

Thanks

I'm not sure, but take a look at one of the other threads about sound systems, I'm think there are quite a few. If your question doesn't get answered there, I'm sure someone will come up with an answer here shortly :)

Might want to check this website too:

my107.blogspot.com

I'm not sure, but take a look at one of the other threads about sound systems, I'm think there are quite a few. If your question doesn't get answered there, I'm sure someone will come up with an answer here shortly :)

Might want to check this website too:

my107.blogspot.com

yepp, what do yu need to know :)? heres my install Finished1.jpg

I fitted immediately after delivery an Alpine head unit using the facia adapter available from Halfords etc and a Vibe 12" active sub (ie one with the amp fitted to the side of the sub box). The fact that I do occasionally require more than my packed lunch in the boot means i need it to be easily removable hence the active type - i fitted the power/ earth and remote turn on leads into a quick release connector so all you need to do is unplug connector, unplug RCA cables and lift sub/amp out of boot......

Basically o fit a sub/ amp you need 4 cables: power, earth, remote turn on, RCA's

power cable runs from Battery to amp with a fuse as close to Battery end as possible! - I found a grommet in bulkhead quite easily to feed cable through.

earth cable goes under a suitable screw/ bolt as near to amp as possible (again i found one in boot - think near light cluster if i remember! - you need to make sure that any paint/ sealer/ dirt etc is scraped back immediately below bolt/ screw so earth is to bare metal

make sure power/ earth cables are of correct thickness for power of amp (Halfords etc can advise)

remote tutn on lead - majority of steroes have this control wire which is needed to 'tell' amp to swith on/off with stereo. this (thin) cable runs from head unit to amp

RCA's - these carry the sound signal from the stereo to the amp input - most stereos have at least one 'pair' of RCA's (a pair being a white and red one for left channel one for right channel) 2 pairs means you could have separate front and rear amp power whilst 3 pairs gives you this and a sub!

top tip - run power and remote cables away from RCA cables to avoid distortion eg run power/ remote up passenger side under carpet/ trim panels and put RCA's up either driver side or under central console and back seat to boot.

hope this makes sense and gives you the basic idea! - it sounds a lot worse than it is - simply buy your stereo/ amp/ sub/ cables/ facia panel in same place so they can help advise on everything matching. a couple of hours upto half a day depending on experience/ neatness will let you run the cables/ fit the stereo and sub and then 'BOOM BOOM BOOM' :yahoo:

I have 2 x 600w subs powered by a 700v amp :)

Pioneer Headunit :)

and 2 6x9 Speakers

It sounds awesome :D

12299414a8250917547l.jpg

Cheers everyone :) Will definitely buy all my stuff from one place now. Don't have to worry so much about dirt because she's new :P

Thanks Again :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links