Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1995 Rav4 Import, 2 Small Questions

karlos2000

just bought a low miles 1995 RAV4 auto.

question 1: there is a red button on the auto selection console in front of the park indicator, what does this button do? it has writing on it, but the writing is in Japanese :rolleyes:

question 2: this is a DARK green model and I could do with a spray can to touch up the sunroofs which have bloomed. Any idea how I will find a paint code? or is the dark green a "standard" Toyota dark green of its day? :help:

cheers

Karlos

question 1: there is a red button on the auto selection console in front of the park indicator, what does this button do? it has writing on it, but the writing is in Japanese :rolleyes:

question 2: this is a DARK green model and I could do with a spray can to touch up the sunroofs which have bloomed. Any idea how I will find a paint code? or is the dark green a "standard" Toyota dark green of its day? :help:

cheers

Karlos

welcome to the forum.

On the paint colour - thats normally found as part of the chassis number - I can't remember seeing a dark green but I vaguely recollect it was an available colour.

The red button - think its the wheel drive lock?? I saw it on another post here. Or run round to your local Japanese restaurant and ask them :lol:

cheers

Karlos

welcome to the forum.

On the paint colour - thats normally found as part of the chassis number - I can't remember seeing a dark green but I vaguely recollect it was an available colour.

The red button - think its the wheel drive lock?? I saw it on another post here. Or run round to your local Japanese restaurant and ask them :lol:

locakl motorshop found the colour code no worries and mixed a can for me ....

diff lock? hhhmmmmm, that would make sense I guess, will have to try it

cheers

I think the diff lock button is up on the dash. If its near the gearstick and my Japanese is any good :rolleyes: I think it is the interlock release. Normally you have to start it up and press the brake to get it out of park but by pressing that button you can get it out without the key in the ignition (try it - you might need the key in the ignition but not actually start it). It is so the car can be moved onto a recovery truck if it won't start.