Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Controller On Corolla E12 1.4 D4D

Me4oKyX

Hi guys, I'm a new member here but I've been a Toyota fan for quite some time now. I'm currently wondering if I can fit a turbo boost controller on my Rolla. It's a 2006 E12 1.4 D4D engine - got a PowerBox on it with and APEXi cone, voltage stabilizer and some other minor mods. I really want to fit a boost controller but I'm wondering if I should put a manual or electronic controller?!?! unsure.gif Also if anyone know what the standart boost for this engine?! I think it should be 0,8bar but I'm not absolutely sure about it. I really need all the information I can get about this - everything will help!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cheers!thumbsup.gif

hey mate sorry i cant help with the info you need but can i get some info from you please? which apexi cone are you using with your car and how much has the powerbox increased power by? by my very rough calculation you car will be putting out around 115bhp?

i have the 2.0 diesel and am looking into fitting some sort of aftermarket air intake system with a tuning box but i am unsure since my car hit 91,000 today and i wouldnt want to jeapordise the reliability of the car...

I've fitted APEXi cone exactly like this one - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APEXi-POWER-AIR-FILTER-CHROME-EDITION-FREE-ADAPTER-/140413967454?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20b1531c5e

It should be 115hp but unfortunately I'm not done tuning up my car so I haven't checked the exact number on a dyno.... It will pretty expensive to check after every improvement laugh.gif I don't think there will be a risk for you and your car if you have taken good care of it. My car is 120 000km and I've been with e powerbox ever since it made 25000km.... so almost 60 000miles without ANY problems to the engine with a PowerBox rolleyes.gif And that's not all - the diesel in Bulgaria is dirty, and I mean VERY dirty so I use diesel additives almost all the time.. So you should be even less worried for your car since you don't have problems that I do. Put on the box, mount the cone air filter and drive away wink.gif But don't buy untrusted powerbox since there are lots of scams out there.... Buy TDC, MAL electronics, Drake 2 Box or Genuine TTE box like the ones King is selling here thumbsup.gif The last two are probably the best ones...According to my tests...

right i understand. so to mount that apexi did you remove the old airbox and bold it straight on?

Yes, you have to remove the old airbox but you will have to put some more thought about the mounting .....thumbsup.gif

not sure if you could get one to work. you would deffo need an electronic one as the boost actuator runs on vacuum and not boost pressure like a normal one, also IIRC it needs a constant vacuum to boost and then drops it off to reduce boost.

i bypassed the boost control solenoid on one once and it hit boost cut (the engine went into limp mode) so you would need to be careful about how much you increase it.

not sure if kingo can get the tuning box for these but i think they up the boost a bit too

I'm not thinking to overboost... I'm looking for 0.2-0.4 bar more than standart. And 0.4 will be just to test, the car will be driven mostly with 0.2 more - around 1 bar. I got a friend that can remap the ECU and that way I will definetly get it to 1 bar but I want to be able to control the boost and the amound of fuel by the controller and the PowerBox. And no, the Tuning box/PBox does not change the turbo boost, not even the Genuine Toyota ones.... rolleyes.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links