Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Mpg.

jw67

Did a 390 mile round trip to Birmingham yesterday in the Corolla.Car performed fantastically for a 1.4 and felt like a much larger engine with its levels of refinement and cruising ability.Best bit too,was a overall mpg of 46 mpg there and back.Very impressed.Going to try and crack the magic 50 next time I hope :)

Sounds impressive. I'm glad the 1.4 in your title refers to the engine size, not the MPG itself :lol:. Is your Corolla an E11 or E12?

Sounds impressive. I'm glad the 1.4 in your title refers to the engine size, not the MPG itself :lol:.

:D Never thought of that when I put that as the post title :rolleyes: .

Not sure which model it is as I keep forgetting,but it's a 2000(W),5 door hatchback if that helps :)

Thank's JW, that should be an E11 then. Good luck with hitting 50!

Mine a 1.6 auto, my target is 30 m.p.g, presently averaging 27 mainly in town. So I am using nearly twice as much fuel. Well done and I hope you hit your target. (must alter my driving style or get the car checked out)

Despite the fact I'm only 42,I don't give the car much "stick",in fact the car is perfectly driveable without having to go over 3000 rpm which helps keep the mpg up :).

Did notice the oil level dropped from max to about half way between min and max on this 390 mile trip though,which is worrying as my previous Primera never used a drop of oil between services.

Are these engines known for using much oil?There is no blue smoke,no oily exhaust and no signs of any leaks.

That's gonna be the 4zz-fe engine, I may be wrong but I think most of the early ZZ engines suffer from the oil drinking problem. :unsure:

Thanks for the reply.Better keep checking the oil on a regular basis from now on.Have been checking it weekly since I bought it,but nothing used until the longer journey.Most of my driving is more local town and A/B roads as a rule.

What is the best oil to get for topping up?The car has been main dealer serviced since new in 2000,last serviced 10/09.