Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Holidays In Europe

Badcompany69

Hello Forum,

This is my first posting so would like to say Hi to everyone.Thinking of purchasing a new Aygo in July, I would like to know if anyone has traveled around Europe in there Aygo, If so did you have any problems.

Badcompany69

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - sorry took so long but didn't notice the post! :wacko:

Just got back from a quick run to Belgium/Luxembourg etc - covered 1300 miles in 5 days. Car performed really well, comfortably travelling at motorway speeds and a whole lot of fun in the twisty, hilly (very!) bits! No problems to report at all.

There were 3 of us + luggage and we all arrived comfortable and hassle free. First day we covered about 350 miles so seats did the job.

Fuel consumption was excellent. When I did the maths we worked out at just over 58mpg for the whole trip so very happy with that.

What really impressed me though is the performance at high (relatively! :rolleyes: ) speed. The engine never feels like it's racing; always feels quite relaxed. Obviously you have to work it a bit harder through the gears on hilly bits but it's a small price to pay.

It's a bit noisier (road noise) than my old car (Vectra 1.8)but you soon get used to it. . .just have the MP3 player a bit louder :)

Overall then very pleased. . . .2nd trip to the Continent, both great!.

Also got 'Club Toyota' (I guess you still get that with a new Aygo??) with the car and you get all the breakdown cover you need - I know you shouldn't need it but the peace of mind is a bonus.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Did you have to get your headlights taped while over there or did you not do any night driving :P ?

Did you have to get your headlights taped while over there or did you not do any night driving :P ?

You should do but I didn't (In theory Officer!!) I hate putting those stickers on the lights! Actually didn't do any night driving as it was bright until late so if I needed any lights I just put the sides on. Had a set of the stickers handy though in case of a spot check.

Took everything else though (Triangle/luminous vest etc). . . . .Thought I'd need a trailer!! :D

We have done several trip abroad in our roadster and never done the headlight bit! Do carry the stuff with us in case we are stopped -"oh dear must have come off replace" hehe...............but never been stopped.

I find that with these bubble-lights it's quite hard to find fitting/proper stickers and position

them right... With the ribbed glass headlights I had on my previous cars it was MUCH easier.

Haven't been to the UK with my Aygo (yet), but when I do I'm not sure if I'll bother with them either...

Just back......

Sheffield to Plymouth, ferry to Roscoff, into Brittany......350 miles.

Week in Brittany.

Brittany to Bruges, Belgium......480 miles......in 10 hours with 2 breaks & 7 stops for toll roads.

Week in Belgium.

Bruges to Calais & Ferry home......330 miles.

About 1500 miles in 2 weeks, lots of constant high speed, air-con on all the time.

No problems.

Headlights......

Get some vinyl / Electrical tape.

Make a couple of triangles about 4" on 2 sides, 2" on the other.

Round off the corners.

Look at your headlights. In front of the bulb, there is a " + "

on the plastic. This is the centre of the beam.

Park your car close to a wall and use the triangles to cover the

"Left hand side upwards" part of the projected beam. Takes a bit of practice.

When happy, stick in place. Done this the last 10 years on cars / bikes

and had no problems. If I can find some, I'll post pictures.

EDIT: - Just thought......As well as spare bulbs, first aid kit & warning triangle,

You now MUST have a yellow reflective vest for each occupant INSIDE the car. (Not in the boot).

So that if you break down, you can (must) wear it on the hard shoulder.

(About £2.00 from ebay). Easy money for Police checks just off the boat.

Ian.

He might have more power than me. . . but I get further to a gallon :clown:

He didn't quite get all the way through Europe!

If he had, We'd probably not need headlamp converters as

we'd all be driving on the other side of the road.

"Scheinwerferkonverter"

Ian.

He might have more power than me. . . but I get further to a gallon :clown:

lol the fuel consumption was the down point, no wonder why the aygo won lol