Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Study Gives Beer A Healthy Report

Raistlin

CC59C526F7E115E48E3B13229B759.jpg

The healthy properties of beer when consumed in moderation are not well understood, according to a new report.

The drink is a rich source of vitamins, fibre, minerals and antioxidants and has a relatively low calorific value compared with many other alcoholic beverages, the study says.

The report, commissioned by The Beer Academy, which aims to help people enjoy beer sensibly, found that when drunk in moderation, beer is one of the healthiest alcoholic drinks available.

A spokeswoman said: "Beer contains vitamins which can help you to maintain a well-balanced healthy diet, fibre to keep you regular, readily absorbed antioxidants and minerals such as silicon which may help to lower your risk of osteoporosis."

A survey found that while 68% of people consider beer to be Britain's national drink, some 10% wrongly believe that beer contains fat, and 13% incorrectly believe that beer is made from chemicals rather than malted barley and hops.

The report also explores the psychological and sociability benefits of people enjoying a pint in their local pub - yet pubs are closing at a rate of 39 a week.

It argues that the pub is at the heart of every community and a place where people go to enjoy company and find out local news and information.

Pete Brown, an award-winning author, said: "Still, we persist in the myth that somehow beer is an inferior drink to foreign imports such as wine. From Government receptions through to weddings and business occasions, wine rather than beer is served.

"It has been fashionable to look down on our own national drink in favour of overseas imports. But to do that is to turn our backs on our great British success story and our own heritage, and miss out on the myriad tastes and complexities that beer can offer."

I do enjoy a glass of decent wine and adore a dram of the most tasty of Scottish drinks :P But there is no way I could do without a good pint of real English ale :drool::cheers:

I do enjoy a glass of decent wine and adore a dram of the most tasty of Scottish drinks :P But there is no way I could do without a good pint of real English ale :drool::cheers:

Or Guinness ? :beer:

I do enjoy a glass of decent wine and adore a dram of the most tasty of Scottish drinks tongue.gif But there is no way I could do without a good pint of real English ale drool.gifcheers.gif

Or Guinness ? beer.gif

Isn't that a ladies drink... laugh.gif

I do enjoy a glass of decent wine and adore a dram of the most tasty of Scottish drinks tongue.gif But there is no way I could do without a good pint of real English ale drool.gifcheers.gif

Or Guinness ? beer.gif

Personal insults I ignore, but insulting our famous National Beverage ? :bash::death::laughing:

Or Guinness ? beer.gif

Personal insults I ignore, but insulting our famous National Beverage ? bash.gifdeath.giflaughing.gif

Guinness (pronounced /ˈɡɪnɪs/) is a popular Irish dry stout that originated in the brewery of Arthur Guinness (1725–1803) at St. James's Gate, Dublin. Guinness is based on the porter style that originated in London in the early 18th century and is one of the most successful beer brands worldwide. A distinctive feature is the burnt flavour which is derived from the use of roasted barley. For many years a portion of the drink was aged to give a sharp lactic flavour, although Guinness has refused to confirm whether this still occurs. The thick creamy head is the result of the beer being mixed with nitrogen when being poured.

Or Bog Water to those that know... cool.gif

Or Guinness ? beer.gif

Personal insults I ignore, but insulting our famous National Beverage ? bash.gifdeath.giflaughing.gif

Guinness (pronounced /ˈɡɪnɪs/) is a popular Irish dry stout that originated in the brewery of Arthur Guinness (1725–1803) at St. James's Gate, Dublin. Guinness is based on the porter style that originated in London in the early 18th century and is one of the most successful beer brands worldwide. A distinctive feature is the burnt flavour which is derived from the use of roasted barley. For many years a portion of the drink was aged to give a sharp lactic flavour, although Guinness has refused to confirm whether this still occurs. The thick creamy head is the result of the beer being mixed with nitrogen when being poured.

I fell into a Bog hole, once :crybaby: Believe me, there is NO similarity in the taste :disgust:

Or Guinness ? beer.gif

I fell into a Bog hole, once crybaby.gif Believe me, there is NO similarity in the taste disgust.gif

Yeah, Bog Water tastes better... biggrin.gif

Not wishing to take sides here , but..... I think Raist won that last round hands down :lol: , i used to think that Vic was the Messiah when it came to one liners , but i now know that he's not the Messiah , he's just a very naughty boy :lol::laughing: :lol2:

back on topic :lol: I love a drop of real ale , so welcome the report :D

Not wishing to take sides here , but..... I think Raist won that last round hands down :lol: , i used to think that Vic was the Messiah when it came to one liners , but i now know that he's not the Messiah , he's just a very naughty boy :lol::laughing: :lol2:

Shhhh ! Don't tell Raist, but I let him win, now & again. :rolleyes: I'd hate to see him depressed & downhearted <_< :yes: :lol2:

Not wishing to take sides here , but..... I think Raist won that last round hands down laugh.gif , i used to think that Vic was the Messiah when it came to one liners , but i now know that he's not the Messiah , he's just a very naughty boy laugh.giflaughing.giflol.gif

Shhhh ! Don't tell Raist, but I let him win, now & again. rolleyes.gif I'd hate to see him depressed & downhearted dry.gifyes.giflol.gif

I was once asked how I dealt with stress at work to which I replied " I don't get stressed, I give it" All in a caring, sharing sort of way... nuff said biggrin.gif

Great news! I'll get a round in and we can toast our good health. gathering.gif

Never say that out loud near Bizarra or he will move in with you... :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links