Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-Spirit Hard Disk Drive Navigation

terry_uk

I just ordered a 2.2D T-Spirit with Hard Disk Drive Navigation, has any got a link to a manual for this unit. Any info on what phones will work with this.

If you have a moderately recent bluetooth phone I doubt you will have any trouble pairing the two together :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a 2.2D T-Spirit with Hard Disk Drive Navigation, has any got a link to a manual for this unit. Any info on what phones will work with this.

I have this unit and the Apple IPhone 3GS connects fine via bluetooth

Ditto, when I originally got my car I didn't have an iPhone and spent hours loading discs into the utterly useless HDD drive, when I had a problem they replaced the unit and lost everything with it.

You need to know that Toyota STILL can't update the maps on these units, because they STILL have not developed the software to do so. My car is nearly one year old now and it's an utter disgrace they can't be bothered to support a product that costs £1500. :censor:

I have the manual for mine, tell me what phone you have and I'll tell you what bluetooth profiles it requires, for example A2DP which is for contacts/SIM access....

Note on

''You need to know that Toyota STILL can't update the maps on these units, because they STILL have not developed the software to do so. My car is nearly one year old now and it's an utter disgrace they can't be bothered to support a product that costs £1500.''

Toyota do now have the capability to update the maps on this HDD SatNav system and the 2010 Map Upgrade is available and takes the Toyota Dealer about an hour to install.

As mine was upgraded after a complaint, I did not find out the retail cost of the upgrade.

If your Toyota Dealer says that they cannot upgrade to the 2010 maps, they are telling you 'porkies'

Note on

''You need to know that Toyota STILL can't update the maps on these units, because they STILL have not developed the software to do so. My car is nearly one year old now and it's an utter disgrace they can't be bothered to support a product that costs £1500.''

Toyota do now have the capability to update the maps on this HDD SatNav system and the 2010 Map Upgrade is available and takes the Toyota Dealer about an hour to install.

As mine was upgraded after a complaint, I did not find out the retail cost of the upgrade.

If your Toyota Dealer says that they cannot upgrade to the 2010 maps, they are telling you 'porkies'

Since I wrote this it's been back in for them to (un-succesfully) turn up the gain on the microphone, it sounds like I'm sat in the boot!

Apparently there is a £150 (to the dealer) dongle that plugs into the unit, and you're right it takes about an hour to update, thery're getting one sent in for me.

Terry to check the date

Press the 'Navi' button then press map data, it will probably say '2009-2009 version......'

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links