Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

93 N/a Fuel Consumption

robbo516

ive got a 93 n/a t-bar with standard wheels, a k&n, and a full janspeed s/s decat exhaust. any idea what my fuel consumption should be???

last month i got about 250 miles to a full tank, should it be better than this or am i dreamin???

cheers, robbo.

Sounds pretty good.

Mine's terrible. I've blown over £120 on Optimax in the last four days, but then I spend almost every spare minute I have driving.

this was standard unleaded, should i be usin optimax???

its a uk car, not an import! and cant honestly say it was sensible driving all the time, ive only just got her so thought id give it some down the by-pass one night, !Removed! frightnin car.

robbo

Depends on how you drive it. I regularly get at least 230 on a full tank, sometime as much as 270 and that's on a turbo. However, I don't tend to thrash it much. If I start pushing it, it will do a lot less!! I think the talk is around 10 gallons or so - so you're doing around 25MPG. For a N/A that sounds a little low. I would expect 30MPG so around 300 miles to the tank. However by you own admission you were thrashing it so, try driving on a full tank stadier and see what the difference is....

!Removed! frightnin car.

Just get out, get it warmed up and redline it!

You'll soon get used to it that way, mate.

Then you'll want more speed. MORE MORE MORE!!!

Then you'll become a turbo boost junky like lots of the guys here (I was thinking about a turbo swap last week but I've decided an RX7 is next on my dance card) :D

Optimax is always best.

is optimax really that good??? i have heard a mixed bag of comments really, my dad reckons its **** hot and my g/f's dad reckons its jus plain ****!!!

*scratches head!!!*

robbo.

It's the <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s, mate.

You will notice the difference, I swear to you.

Not only that but it keeps your valves clean as a whistle :D

used to almost get 300 out on my old NA .. lucky to get 200 out of the tubby ..

last month i got about 250 miles to a full tank, should it be better than this or am i dreamin???

I wish i could get 250miles to a full tank

on a turbo i think its 30-35 with granny style driving

and it drops down to about 10-13 if you have a heavy right foot!

Optimax all the way, well worth it! :thumbsup:

Lol indeed, there have been times when I can literally see the needle dropping towards empty !!

I've got a UK 2 m8, and I can honestly say that optimax really does make a difference! :)

Go for it!!

-Z

Lol indeed, there have been times when I can literally see the needle dropping towards empty !!

Me too.. especially booting it round town.

Motorways I get about 280-300 miles on a tank.

My Mr2 puzzles me.. its better than my old 1.6 cav on the motorway but as soon as you hit the town its well rubbish.

Doesnt help when you take it up to 7k revs tho!

Consumtion, i get about 400km to a tank, which is about 240miles i think, mixed driving, although short jornies it drinks it well quick :crybaby:

Optimax theory......

Used to use it 99% of the time in my sx, cos it was running 15psi boost so preferred the higher octaine, but i used to find it ran better on BP super, much more noticable power difference..... Also theres been a thread on sxoc recently about optimax, one of the lads went to Abbey motorsport to get his sx tuned and i think their words were "you dont use optimax do you?" they seem to think the best decent unleaded is TEXACO super...... :blink: and they are known for knowing what they are talking about. Aparently optimax is full of crap and ends up coaking up your internals not cleaning them...... just what i heard, ill try and dig out a link..

Oh yeh, notice absolutly no difference apart from it costing more in my g-limited...

link:

http://www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?s...ghlight=optimax

And bit of interest if you cant be bothered to find it:

"The only thing that suprised me was when i asked where the nearest Shell garage was, the reply was - your not gonna put that optimax ******* in it are you

Apparently optimax has a high magnesium level that fouls the plugs and does other coaking of the engine etc. He told me to use any mainstream super unleaded, mainly Texaco was recomended..."

I've tested my MPG twice now on my Rev3 turbo going to Southend and back.

We always drive at 70 all the way there and back (except a thrash every now and then) and usually end up doing a bit of racing when I get there. So far I have had 26mpg and 22mpg.

I've spebt SO much on petrol :crybaby:

I've tested my MPG twice now on my Rev3 turbo going to Southend and back.

We always drive at 70 all the way there and back (except a thrash every now and then) and usually end up doing a bit of racing when I get there. So far I have had 26mpg and 22mpg.

I've spebt SO much on petrol  :crybaby:

I spend £4000 on fuel last year, and £2000 on insurance :angry: gits (aimed at government and insurance industry!)

okay .. 14,000 miles @ 22mpg = 636 gallons

4.5 litres to a gallon = 2863 litres

Optimax @ 80p a litre (from 78.9 to 83.9)

£2290 - in the last year .. :o :crybaby: :ffs:

okay .. 14,000 miles @ 22mpg = 636 gallons

4.5 litres to a gallon = 2863 litres

Optimax @ 80p a litre (from 78.9 to 83.9)

£2290 - in the last year .. :o :crybaby: :ffs:

Decided ignorance is bliss now :) pays not to work these things out <_<

Ha ha! I spent over a grand on petrol within 2 months of buying the car!! You know what it's like when you get a new car, you just want to drive verywhere - flatout.

£1000 in under 2 months.... :crybaby::crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links