Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replace Front Fog On Fl Tsport

steeve24

Just got back from driving down the M5 where I had a brush with something bouncing down the road, didn't have a chance to avoid it due to traffic and the fact it was moving fairly quick towards me, only small about the size of a 'small' football, but get home to find my foglight loose, the plastic surround is MIA and the light enclosure is just resting in the hole! :angry:

Now the questions!

1. I'm guessing there is no way to repair the fog light itself ? SEE PIC(the glass is ok, but the two screw clips are broken) I think the bumper is ok, because the screws are still in it, but with little pieces of foglight attached to them!

2. How easy (or hard) is it to replace, is it a bumper off job or can I remove a panel underneath?

3. Anyone got any ideas on price, would need foglight, plus plastic surround?

Any help appreciated, Thanks

Steve

post-87402-127714782002_thumb.jpg

Edit: Ok after I used search I did find this

pfl foglight replacement, but it does refer to a pfl, ??

Edit 2: Found this Corolla fl foglight - ebaywhich someone recommended, will try Parts King and see how I go, still need the surround though!

Edited by steeve24

Hi Steve,

What side is this on? One thing the FL and PFL will have in common is the screenwash tank on the driver's side, this makes getting to the fog light on the PFL (and I would think the FL) a lot more difficult to change without the need to get the bumper off. If it's passenger side I'd think you could follow the same steps as I did on my PFL, e.g. get the wheel off and get underneath without the need to remove the front bumper.

The seller that you link to on eBay is the one I used for my PFL, as mentioned I was happy with the service and product. If you do order from them make sure you state which side the lamp is for and clarify if it includes the bulb holder and bulb (which it didn't for PFL and I didn't need it to). Is your light bulb intact? If it's any consolation, from memory the FL lamps where cheaper than the PFL!

Might be worth trying some scrap yards in case they have anything in. I found I either had no luck with them or they wanted more than that eBay seller.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply,

Its on the passenger side so don't have the washer bottle to worry about, hopefully make it easier.

The actual foglamp is basically intact, but the two clips are broken so no joy there, might be able to superglue it, but not sure if that would hold well enough!? But I guess the bulb holder would transfer from mine to the new one?

Only other thing I need is the surround for the light, it was never very secure!

Might try scrappers, but Corollas don't seem that easy to find at them!!

Thanks for you help.

:thumbsup:

I would go for metal epoxy, that will hold it.

There is a guide for taking the front bumper off here.

http://www.nrgizerbunny.com/frontbumper.html

Thanks, that will come in handy if I need to take it off, hopefully can get away without needing to!!

What would you use the metal epoxy for, holding the fog light surround in??

Thanks

Steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links