Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance For Modified Iq

MattIQ

My insurance renewal just came through, although more than I expected, at £435.

I drive a 2009 black IQ(1) that has one modification - lowered 25mm on the Toyota springs.

I paid £280 last year before modification and they didn't charge any more when I had the suspension altered mid-term. How can they justify a %50 increase?

I'm 31, 0 points/offences, I've got 9 years no-claims and live in a relatively decent area.

Currently with Adrian Flux - can anybody recommend another insurer that is cheap with mods?

It's a bit harder to use the comparison websites when you have a mod.

All input greatly received.

Regards, Matt

My insurance renewal just came through, although more than I expected, at £435.

I drive a 2009 black IQ(1) that has one modification - lowered 25mm on the Toyota springs.

I paid £280 last year before modification and they didn't charge any more when I had the suspension altered mid-term. How can they justify a %50 increase?

I'm 31, 0 points/offences, I've got 9 years no-claims and live in a relatively decent area.

Currently with Adrian Flux - can anybody recommend another insurer that is cheap with mods?

It's a bit harder to use the comparison websites when you have a mod.

All input greatly received.

Regards, Matt

Adrian Flux should knock that down without any hassle ;) I have just done it on my Corolla with all its body mods. Try Chris Knott or Sky Insurance both of them offered lowered than Flux's renewal.

Steer clear of Swinton though absolute waste of my time

Panic over.

Thanks for the info, I just rang Chris Knott and they quoted £399.

But I've just rung Adrian Flux to query it and for some reason the renewal came out as £435 when it should have been only £299 - which is now the price I'm paying :)

Depends a lot on your insurer and personal circumstances such as age, vehicle, amount of mods, accident history, penalty points on your license, no claims bonus etc.

So quite a few factors there!

I would always recommend telling your insurance company about any mods, since if you have an accident and they realise it's been modded without them knowing then they may not pay out...

Luckily lowering my suspension has only cost me an extra £19, but it could well be a lot more for others.

Adrian Flux and Chris Knott don't like each other at all so ou can bounce them off each other by saying the other company quoted cheaper ;)

Try Sky Insurance too.

And MSM Insurance, they have always been good for modified Smarts so why not iQ's!

Kate

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links