Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Tell Model Year Of New Aygo

ChillAygo

I pick up my new 2010 Aygo blue tomorrow. I just want to make sure I am getting a 2010 build car and not a 2009. In the past a seat dealer tried to palm me off with a 2006 car instead of a 2007. It was May 2007 at the time! So how can I tell that I am getting a genuine MY10 car?

Thanks

Go to this site, Near to the bottom of the page is an area to put in your index number and it will then give you it's age.

How old is my car

That site will give you the Registration date, but not the build or production date. The best thing to do is ask the dealer you are buying it off! I think the 2010 model has no side strips on the car and the bezels around the vents are now grey, 2009 models have strips and blue bezels. It would be possible to have a car built in 09 but with 2010 specs on it if they were upgraded at the PDI centre

Kingo :thumbsup:

Go to this site, Near to the bottom of the page is an area to put in your index number and it will then give you it's age.

How old is my car

That site only gives you the age of the car FROM ITS REGISTRATION NUMBER

It does not indicate the build date of the vehicle, so does not helpto identify if the vehicle has been kept unregistered by the dealer.

In general Toyota dealers register new vehicles very shortly after they are delivered from the factory so you are usually assured that the vehicle you get is the latest spec :thumbsup:

Open the bonnet and have a look inside the engine bay. Ours has stickers all over it and they are stamped with the date and time. I know ours was built over 30 November and 1 December 2006, we took delivery on 10 January 2007.

Got car today and it is a 2010 spec car. The stickers on the inside suggest it was built in feb of this year. Must have just been sat in a compound somewhere along with many others waiting for buyers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links