Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prodrive Set For Wrc Return With Toyota...

Norfolk n Chance

From PistonHeads..

Word has reached the virtual ears of PH's internet spies that Prodrive could be set to return to the WRC, with either Toyota or Mini, depending on which rumour you prefer.

When Subaru quit top-flight rallying at the end of 2008 David Richards' Prodrive organisation moved its focus away from the stages and concentrated on getting a slot on the 2010 F1 grid. But when Prodrive failed to secure an F1 grid slot - losing out to the ill-fated USF1 project - its attention turned once again to rallying, with a view to returning to the WRC in 2011.

Now it seems that Richards has been in talks with both Toyota and BMW. "We will be back [in World Rally] next year with a brand new car. It is a new manufacturer," Richards toldThe Paddock online magazine in an interview.

But which manufacturer? Richards did not deny that it could be Toyota, and Toyota people have been at several WRC events this year. The Japanese giant also has - presumably - a large motorsport budget to play with following its withdrawal from F1 at the end of last year, and could presumably cope with a WRC campaign - which would cost less than 10 per cent what it spent annually on F1.

Prodrive had previously been linked with BMW and Mini for the 2011 season, however, with a WRC version of the new Countryman SUV. But unconfirmed reports suggest that BMW isn't willing to wholly fund a WRC programme.

Maybe we'll see the Aussie Corolla Rally car in action ;)

081114b018lr-L.jpg

It would be nice to see the Toyota Badge taking part once more toast.gif

It would be nice to see the Toyota badge taking part once more toast.gif

I agree with Steve, but I'd like to see the rest of the car as well... cool.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

That's an Auris, but it should have been called the Corolla since the beginning... :yes:

That's an Auris, but it should have been called the Corolla since the beginning... :yes:

No KP... that's a Corolla... ;)

corolla_s2k_au_hi02.jpg

That looks exactly the same as a Auris.... is it new then? Like last few months new?....

I thought the Corolla Badge had been killed for good....

And it is an Auris :P It must be.... how can I be wrong!? Be careful what you suggest NFC.... :lol:

Because Australia fought to keep the Corolla name ;)

The name "Auris" does not exist down under...

:P

Ah, good people good people... :D

haha ok I will accept defeat... everybody gets one. :P

Kynan... Wrong again, Surely not.

See thats what you get for drinking too much Cider laugh.gif

toast.gif

*prints and frames thread*

Kynan... Wrong again, Surely not.

See thats what you get for drinking too much Cider laugh.gif

Surely by now you know me well enough, to know that I drink ALE :P

End of school prom this friday.... Speckled Hen please... :D and then 8 more :yes::lol:

Feeling Foxy are we...

Prom isn't that Americano for school dance thumbsup.gif

toast.gif

93,123 members. :o What have I done! :fear:

:lol:

And Raist, yes it is and I seriously hate saying prom, but school dance just sounds plain sissy, and school ball is so upper class I might go and buy some black pudding to help me feel northern again. :lol:

Ah, good people good people... biggrin.gif

haha ok I will accept defeat... everybody gets one. tongue.gif

toast.gif

93,123 members. ohmy.gif What have I done! fear.gif

laugh.gif

And Raist, yes it is and I seriously hate saying prom, but school dance just sounds plain sissy, and school ball is so upper class I might go and buy some black pudding to help me feel northern again. laugh.gif

I thought you came from the home of the Concrete Cows....

My dad was born in Newport Pagnell, Southern, and my mum was born and raised in Lancashire, northern. ;)

Northern side takes over though... :D

My dad was born in Newport Pagnell, Southern, and my mum was born and raised in Lancashire, northern. wink.gif

Northern side takes over though... biggrin.gif

I was born in Holmfirth, That's Yorkshire which make me considerably better than thou... thumbsup.gif

And that Raist, I shall not deny, but in the same way that I shan't confirm it either. ;) :P

And that Raist, I shall not deny, but in the same way that I shan't confirm it either. wink.giftongue.gif

Southern Nancy Boy :D

haha, now that I will object to! Born and raised in the south, taught the northern way. ;) :D

haha, now that I will object to! Born and raised in the south, taught the northern way. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Well at least you had some decent schooling :D

I'm very glad that you only have North versus South slanging matches :thumbsup:

I'm sure you know your recent History & are aware of the happenings here :crybaby:

For mere slanging matches, though :lol: those living in Dublin , North of the Liffey, dislike [?] those on the South side & vice versa :wacko:

I'm very glad that you only have North versus South slanging matches thumbsup.gif

I'm sure you know your recent History & are aware of the happenings here crybaby.gif

For mere slanging matches, though laugh.gif those living in Dublin , North of the Liffey, dislike [?] those on the South side & vice versa wacko.gif

But we hate you all ............. Just kidding :D

I'm very glad that you only have North versus South slanging matches thumbsup.gif

I'm sure you know your recent History & are aware of the happenings here crybaby.gif

For mere slanging matches, though laugh.gif those living in Dublin , North of the Liffey, dislike [?] those on the South side & vice versa wacko.gif

But we hate you all ............. Just kidding :D

It is mutual, but I am exceptionally broad minded & liberal :angel: ....... again , just kidding :angel_not: