Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Ts Today!

nwc100

Hi

I got my new TS today, Its a 2001 in black...So far quite happy with it, Was part of a deal for getting a smaller car with the wife, my only condition was I could get one with a bit of go!

So I filled it up after picking it up and drove home about 45 miles and the fuel guage didnt move, Was all motorways averaging about 45m according to the computer! Then I went out for a little drive ;) when I got home and it dropped 2 bars in about 10 miles...Is this usual for it to jump a bit?

It needs a few bits doing on it new pads and discs all round and at some stage some new tyres but that is maybe in the winter, Other than that its not bad for a 10 year old car.....only has 47000 miles on it as well!

Its a great little car for driving round town and my short 4 mile drive to work!

Nick

Glad you like it! :yahoo:

If the fuel gauge is dropping 2 bars in 10 miles, i'd say you could have a problem! I could understand it dropping 1 bar due to a heavy throttle but 2 seems a bit worrying to me. :unsure:

What was the mpg showing when you were driving for that 10 mins?

That does seem a little strange but it depends on how you were driving. You can get as little as 10mpg if you thrash it in 2nd everywhere. I used up half a tank once within 70 miles cause I was giving it some stick.

I had done about 50 miles previous to the fast driving so I guess it was on the edge of dropping and then my little trip did it no favours ;)

I have another question though....does the trip computer only show instant MPG, AVG MPG, And AVG speed....is it also supposed to show distance to empty?

Nick

Its really nice to be back in another toyota....Its not quite my old Lexus or Avensis but still really nice.....it just has that feel about it...Like its bullet proof...My old Lexus was like that....whatever I did too it it seemed impossible to break it!!

The Mk1 P2 models have a distance mpg to tell you when you are going to run out. The MK1 P1 models dont have this function but Im sure you might be able to install it if you wished but theres no point really cause arent always correct. I just use the good old fashion way of seeing how much is in my tank and seeing how many miles Ive done. I normally put in 25 litres and get about 200 miles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links