Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miles Out A Single Tank

jayt13

Hey Guys

I have a 1.4 petrol e12 fl, do you reckon i cud get 600 miles out on a single tank, mainly all motorways and dual carriageways?

Thanks

Jay

only if its downhill

ill take that as a no, as it goin to be all up and down hill lol

If only the cts could do that. I managed to do a 900mile round trip to Le Mans on pretty much exactly 3 tanks of petrol although I was 2 up with the rear of the car fully packed and 2 bikes on the roof stealing precious mpg from me!

Do you know how many miles i could get out a single tank, with/without weight?

300 miles per tank? And thats with Ricc!!!! LOL jk, but seriously were you only doing like 65 all the way and driving extra smooth?

Do you know how many miles i could get out a single tank, with/without weight?

Well if you find out your average mpg and you know the size of your fuel tank then it is a simple bit of maths to find out how far you can get on a single tank.

300 miles per tank? And thats with Ricc!!!! LOL jk, but seriously were you only doing like 65 all the way and driving extra smooth?

hahah yeah I was expecting much closer to 4 tanks of petrol for the journey tbh. And we did most of the journey between 70 and 80mph (France has a speed limit of 130kph (80mph) in good weather conditions). Luckily the bikes were strapped in nice and tight ;)

Hey Guys

I have a 1.4 petrol e12 fl, do you reckon i cud get 600 miles out on a single tank, mainly all motorways and dual carriageways?

Thanks

Jay

Theoretically if you can average better than 11Miles/litre (49Miles/gallon) then yes. But that is the theoretical limit. You would want to leave yourself some margin of error and probably average around 55mpg (12.4 Miles/litre) then you'd use up 49 litres over 600 miles leaving you with 6 litres spare.

55mpg on a 1.4 petrol doesn't sound impossible but probably means going slowly 50+mph.

Up to you really.

(when are we going to dump imperial measurements in the UK??)

Hey Guys

Thanks

Jay

Theoretically if you can average better than 11Miles/litre (49Miles/gallon) then yes. But that is the theoretical limit. You would want to leave yourself some margin of error and probably average around 55mpg (12.4 Miles/litre) then you'd use up 49 litres over 600 miles leaving you with 6 litres spare.

55mpg on a 1.4 petrol doesn't sound impossible but probably means going slowly 50+mph.

Up to you really.

(when are we going to dump imperial measurements in the UK??)

I used to get 450 easy in my 1.4 on my regular comute to work, however that was on 40ish litres of fuel as i filled back up as soon as the light came on and about 40/44 litres used to go back in.

I used to get 450 easy in my 1.4 on my regular comute to work, however that was on 40ish litres of fuel as i filled back up as soon as the light came on and about 40/44 litres used to go back in.

So that mean you were getting between 10.2 - 11.3 miles/litre. With some careful driving you can probably get that up to over 12 and you'll be fine.

I'm currently doing ~450 miles with a tank rolleyes.gif But that's on a Corolla 1.4 D4D with PBox and some other mods on it thumbsup.gif To do 600miles with my car - may be but I don't have the nerves to drive around like that, so smooth and slow.... Not saying that I go way over the limits, but my foot is heavy and acceleration is pretty tempting laugh.gif When I bought it I made 600miles with a tank but I was driving slow as a granny - the car was brand new I was ease on it thumbsup.gif Possible but not in the city and with lots of nerves..... not going over 60mph....

NO i only managed to get 347 miles out a tank, i couldn't help myself to put the foot down the A11 in Norwich lol

Best I've ever managed with my 1.4 is 385 miles on a full tank. I didn't wait for the light to come on, so perhaps I could have got a little more out of it, but I think the light was about to come on.

i normally get around 350 as i have a heavy foot lol, however since i last topped up ive been driving very patiently to see how much miles i can get and currently it looks like ill get 400 easily, just means driving normally and carmly.

could you get more miles if the maf sensor was also cleaned?

i normally get around 350 as i have a heavy foot lol, however since i last topped up ive been driving very patiently to see how much miles i can get and currently it looks like ill get 400 easily, just means driving normally and carmly.

could you get more miles if the maf sensor was also cleaned?

dunno never tried it, How do u clean the MAF sensor?

Look at the other posts on this topic it has been discussed :thumbsup: