Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Door Speaker Removal On Tscompressor

leebo

has any one got any guides or links on how to change the door Speakers in a ts compressor? im about gut the soddy sound system out for a new setup,, amps Speakers every thing whoop whhooop

Same method of removal as every other corolla. ***** easy to get to. Manbing is pro at this sort of thing, as has done many guides on how to remove door cards, Speakers, and H/U's in rollas. Quickest way would be to search for him and look on his pages/links.

Wouldn't say i'm a pro, but can strip my door down in about 5mins, and be able to take the H/U in about the same time too :lol:

Yeah, look at my signature for some pics to help you along.

If you need any further help, let me know

Bing

:thumbsup:

Wouldn't say i'm a pro, but can strip my door down in about 5mins, and be able to take the H/U in about the same time too :lol:

Yeah, look at my signature for some pics to help you along.

If you need any further help, let me know

Bing

ok so ive stumbled at the second hurdel..... 30 mins removing the stereo from the dash only to find about a billion wires conected to it....... um garson check please. i dont have a clue how the bluetooth conects to the stereo (id like to keep) well i dont know how any of it connects,which wire is which??? :help: ive new speaker wire to run through to new Speakers that bit i can understand but the rest ..............um

ok so ive stumbled at the second hurdel..... 30 mins removing the stereo from the dash only to find about a billion wires conected to it....... um garson check please. i dont have a clue how the bluetooth conects to the stereo (id like to keep) well i dont know how any of it connects,which wire is which??? :help: ive new speaker wire to run through to new speakers that bit i can understand but the rest ..............um

Ok, the OEM H/U doesn't have bluetooth features as standard as far as i know of, so an external unit of some sort would be needed to enable this feature.

As the H/U doesn't have any sort of inputs to connect to, you might find this a problem as well.

What bluetooth unit are you trying to install anyway?

The mass of wires is not as bad as it looks, most can be sorted via ISO wiring loom for toyota.

Bing

its got a bluetooth unit in there, installed by toyota so when i get a call it somes out of the Speakers and switchs from music to a phone call ive got iso leads from my old corolla but they aint the same fitment

your old corolla was probably a pre face lift. new one will have post 04 wiring which is standard across the board.

is it hooked on the 20 pin connector or the 4 and 10 pin connectors?

ok let me start again... in the compressor its the factory stereo unit but they fited a bluetooth dongle that some ho connects to the stereo.. my iso leads are ffrom my 87 corolla gti .... i had kinda geussed it was a toyota fitment...

I have a bluetooth car kit that does the same job (mutes the radio and plays out the speakers)

Mine is soldered directly onto one of the pins in the back of the HU in order to enable the mute option.

Not sure if yours is the same but the bluetooth still works in mine without being connected to the HU.. just need to turn your music off manually....

(Hence why i paid £25 to have it re-connected... lazy or what? :lol:)

ive not got that far yet lol the head unit i want to use has bloothtooth but my phone will only play music via bloothtooth from my phone, hence why id like to keep the b.t kit in there but the wires connect into the smallest of the 3 connecters on the original toyota stero :crybaby:

blink.gifwacko.gif

I'm going to take a step back now and leave further advice to our resident Corolla audio expert Man Bing...

:lol: ;)

im confusing myself here guys.......... im a noob get me outa here lol

:crybaby: il get my coat......

I'm going to take a step back now and leave further advice to our resident Corolla audio expert Man Bing...

This is one area i'm not covered in :lol:

I've done the bluetooth thing in the past, and more hassle than its worth.

Much prefer hardwired (cabled) equipement, least that way you know where to find a problem.

nrgizerbunny is the sort of person who will have a better understanding of this, more technical.

Bing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links