Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K&n Filter

toytech80

Could i hear from anyone who has fitted a k&n air filter to there 1.6 wheather it was a panel filter or induction kit,im toying with the idea but dont have any referances to go buy.Please include any other mods to the engine/exhaust if fitted thanks

Panel filter won't change the sound. The only benefit will be that you won't have to change it, just clean and re-use.

K&N filters aren't "dry" which means you will have to add some oil to it sometimes. A bit too much and you'll need a new engine. I'd buy a model which doesn't need to be oiled. Other that that, it's a great filter - plug&play.

Panel filter won't change the sound. The only benefit will be that you won't have to change it, just clean and re-use.

K&N filters aren't "dry" which means you will have to add some oil to it sometimes. A bit too much and you'll need a new engine. I'd buy a model which doesn't need to be oiled. Other that that, it's a great filter - plug&play.

Thanks for the feed back :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the feed back :thumbsup:

i have this fitted to my auris; and trust me it changes the sound tremendously..

Could i hear from anyone who has fitted a k&n air filter to there 1.6 wheather it was a panel filter or induction kit,im toying with the idea but dont have any referances to go buy.Please include any other mods to the engine/exhaust if fitted thanks

Hi.

I have a K&N panel fitted to my 2.0 D4D,can't compare the performance, yours being a petrol, but this is no increase in noise at all.

DD

K&N filters will not harm your engine. That whole oil and failing MAFSs story is a myth. (Read here (click!)or here (click!), if you are worried about that.) If you soak it in oil it's just your own damn fault. :crybaby:

As it does let through more air than the stock filter, the noise will increase slightly. Then it is up to your ears, sound system, other noise, to determine if you hear a difference or not. Unless you really rolling-road dyno it before and after, just replacing a panel filter will most likely not be felt on your butt-dyno on the Auris, either. If you combine it with other mods, however, it might be more noticeable. :yahoo:

On my 140 VVT-i Celica, I could hear the difference immediately after fitting it, but the sound isolation is much worse. When I removed the butterfly valve and reset the ECU, then I could also feel a difference in the ride. Smoother and more responsive to pushing the pedal. Of course my Celica is also conventional cable-throttle and the Auris is "drive by wire" (the throttle is controlled by electronics, not directly, physically by the pressure you put on the pedal), so the feeling might also be reduced by that. ;)

All in all, I want to say that, if this is the only thing you plan to do, there is nothing wrong, but you are unlikely to feel or notice the difference. If you're happy with the fact, that your engine can breathe easier and has a high quality product made by the worlds leading expert company fitted, than I suggest you go for the K&N panel replacement. :yes:

If you are after looks&sounds than an open cone filter or induction system is what you need. :toast:

Performance wise... no big difference and no significant improvement over stock. :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links