Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Verso Air Conditioning

pedro3

A few weeks ago we had 3 days of very hot weather. On opening the bonnet of my Verso I noticed the Air con radiator sweating with beads of liquid all over the rad. The car was cold and had not been driven all day. The air con had run Ok about a week before. Now it does not work and the little round gas window does not show green. I am reluctant to re-gas if I am going to loose all the gas again. Any thoughts?

when the ac on my t-sport went i took it back to Toyota under warranty and they put some leek detection stuff in and told me to come back in a week and keep the ac on when i was using the car. was some pipe under the Battery that was corroded.

Get it re-gassed but tell them you have a leak. They will put in a dye that is detectable using only a UV ray so it won't stain the engine bay.

When it stops working, go back to him and he'll scan the engine by with a UV light which will show up the dye and there-fore reveal the position of the leaking pipe.

I hope you get it sorted. :thumsbup:

If you take it to a reputable company they should check for leaks before they re-gas, as its part of the re-gas procedure i would carry out.