Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Good Deal Or Not, Avensis 2004 T4 With Good Milage

yasirmhm

Dear all,

First of all, I would like to thank you for the wealth of information that you have provided in this forum. I am new resident in the UK and and I am thinking about buying a toyota avensis.

I have been searching the internet for ages about the best deal for me. I have a budget of 3000 pounds to buy a used avensis. I am a hospital doctor and I don't have the time nor the abilities to be cheeky and bargain with the trade sellers.

I just found this apparently great deal on eBay (though I have never used this website to buy anything before).

It is a 2004 avensis T 4 (does not say if D4D or else), white colour, 2.0L, 42330 mile,with full service history, two owners from new, manual, petrol with minor (A SMALL SCRAPE ON THE FRONT P/S BUMPER, (JUST TAKEN PAINT OFF), AND A COUPLE OF TINY STONE CHIPS, WHICH CAN HARDLY BE SEEN) as per advert.

Now the price requested is 2500 pounds. This was a shock to me as I did not come across this price for such speficication on other websites.

Of course I would check the history of the car and the seller credentials, but I just wanted your opinion and advice before I go and inspect this car.

Do you think it is a reasonable deal or is it too good to be true one?

I would really appreciate your feedback on this topic, as I said, I still new in this country and I don't know whom to consult in this matter.

Best regards,

Yasir Hameed

Preston, Lancashire

post-95462-12774114434_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry to say that having looked up the auction the price requested is not £2500 that is just the current auction price and the reserve is not met, you will probably find the reserve price is a fair bit higher than this.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know. I just discovered that after I called the seller. As I said, I never used eBay before and I am new in the UK and I didn't know about the bidding. Anyway, I will keep watching it to see if it will meet its reserve price or not.

Thanks again.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know. I just discovered that after I called the seller. As I said, I never used Ebay before and I am new in the UK and I didn't know about the bidding. Anyway, I will keep watching it to see if it will meet its reserve price or not.

Thanks again.

Hi mate, it sounds like a good buy so why not bid your £3000.00 limit and you might get lucky!

Best regards Pete.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply.

I actually changed my mind regarding the avensis. The insurance prices are huge considering that I have just acquired my UK license. I have found a 2002 Corolla Verso which is cheaper to insure. I am going to test drive it tomorrow and see how it goes. But I still in love with the avensis though. Perhaps I could buy one after I spent more time here.

Cheers.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply.

I actually changed my mind regarding the avensis. The insurance prices are huge considering that I have just acquired my UK license. I have found a 2002 Corolla Verso which is cheaper to insure. I am going to test drive it tomorrow and see how it goes. But I still in love with the avensis though. Perhaps I could buy one after I spent more time here.

Cheers.

No problem and nice to see you are sticking with Toyota, forgot to mention before .... welcome to The Uk and the NHS, both my wife and my daughter have spent all their working lives at the hospital.

Good luck with the car anyway, Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links