Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nissan Leaf Price Revealed

Grumpy Cabbie

Just checking the Nissans website for an update on the Nissan Leaf and found that they are now displaying the price!

The website indicates a cost of £23,350 inc vat (sales tax) after deduction of a £5,000 government EV grant.

This figure compares pretty favourably with the Prius which currently is priced between £19,950 and £22,610.

Check out Nissans website for more details.

Hopefully Toyota will be keeping us all updated on how their PHEV UK trials are going?

I think Nissan already have around 20k orders for the Leaf

I think Nissan already have around 20k orders for the Leaf

20,000 :eek: Is that a worldwide "Interested in buying" figure?

They hope to sell 6,000 units in Japan in the fiscal year 2010, there wont be anything like that sold here for quite a while me thinks

Kingo :thumbsup:

20,000 :eek: Is that a worldwide "Interested in buying" figure?

Yep Kingo should`ve read 2k :lol:

Ah, proof you're prone to exageration. So, the fuel stats of your diesel should be reduced by a similar percentage? :thumbsup:

Ah, proof you're prone to exageration. So, the fuel stats of your diesel should be reduced by a similar percentage? :thumbsup:

Ho Ho Ho !

Hiding in the shadows waiting for an opportunity Grumps ? :lol:

Sorry my friend no such mistake with the Fuel stats :D

Damn

I'll continue my lurking and one day I'll catch you out :unsure:

Damn

I'll continue my lurking and one day I'll catch you out :unsure:

:lol:

I`ll promise you one thing GC, I`ll never speak with a fork tongue ! :thumbsup:

Just checking the Nissans website for an update on the Nissan Leaf and found that they are now displaying the price!

The website indicates a cost of £23,350 inc vat (sales tax) after deduction of a £5,000 government EV grant.

Personally I prefer the Vauxhall Ampera(due in 18mth)which will be around £30k less the govt grant.

ampera.jpg

Unless I could travel more than 100 miles without another plug in, I think I will stick to conventional transport :!Removed!:

Unless I could travel more than 100 miles without another plug in, I think I will stick to conventional transport :!Removed!:

40 miles on Battery power may suit many :)

Quote from WhatCar :-

`it gives you a range of around 40 miles on Battery power.

What if you need to go further, though, or have to make an unexpected trip when the batteries are flat? That's where the petrol engine comes in, generating electricity on the move and allowing you to cover an extra 310 miles.

So, the Ampera is always driven electrically, but it doesn't have the range limitations of an electric car running on Battery power alone.`

My mistake, I thought it was purely plug in and Battery driven

From the Daily Telegraph:

The Leaf is based on a special electric vehicle chassis and will have an average range of 100 miles and a top speed of 90mph, which Nissan claims will be sufficient for more than 90 per cent of UK car customers' daily journeys. It also claims that the Leaf will be able to be recharged to more than 80 per cent of its capacity in just 30 minutes at special high-current charging stations

I think they're both great and both aiming for different markets (possibily). I also think the PHEV Prius even at 14 mile EV range would be fine for most needs and then you have the backup of the traditional hybrid transmission. If they can squeeze 20 or even 30 mile range out of the production model then I really think they're onto a winner.

I would have thought that a lot of the promised sales would be to government - things like the Olympics etc.

Ripe to be slashed in today's climate when there are cheaper alternatives.

Nissan claims will be sufficient for more than 90 per cent of UK car customers' daily journeys.
Are these the same people telling the mobile phone companies that 90% of users never reach the new data limits being put on to previously "unlimited" data contracts for smartphone users?

My mistake, I thought it was purely plug in and battery driven

The Leaf is based on a special electric vehicle chassis and will have an average range of 100 miles and a top speed of 90mph, which Nissan claims will be sufficient for more than 90 per cent of UK car customers' daily journeys. It also claims that the Leaf will be able to be recharged to more than 80 per cent of its capacity in just 30 minutes at special high-current charging stations

Kongo - that is ok if you have access to charging points!

I don't have electricity in my lockup garage, and the local council does not have money to cut the grass let alone install dozens of charge points!

I'll stick to my Prius thanks very much....

Sorry can't type again -meant. kingo

My mistake, I thought it was purely plug in and battery driven

Kongo - that is ok if you have access to charging points!

I don't have electricity in my lockup garage, and the local council does not have money to cut the grass let alone install dozens of charge points!

I'll stick to my Prius thanks very much....

I agree, It will be a long time before charging points will be the norm, but the govenment have a duty to promote this type of vehicle by European law, so in time you will see charge points popping up