Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux 3.o T/d Top End Knocking

wotever

Hi guys.....i'm looking for a bit of help here.....i recently managed to get a 1995 kzn-130 3ltr diesel turbo auto hilux (finally) from a friend, and it's developed a top end knocking noise from the very front of the cam....or that's where my trustee bit of wood told me where the vibration and noise is....lol....i'm just about to give it a full service as none of the belts have ever been changed, but even though the timing marks are dead on top and bottom pullys, when i go to move the bottom pully to check, you can move the cam belt at least half a tooth over the top end cog...The engone starts on the button, oil pressure's fine, and even though the knocking is there, it's deffinately the wrong sound for the dreaded big end nightmare....The only thing that stands out is the bottom pully seems to rotate like when you see a loose wheel trim on a car...(sorry for the description).....A previous owner also had a brand new rad put in, but as of yet i can't find out why.....Sorry about this being a bit long winded guys but as these engines are pretty much bulett proof....i was wondering if anyone has had the same and knows a good place to start withough having to take the whole engine out.......any help would be great......markus

You need to renew the idle tensioner as well as the belt. Try running with the cover off to see if this is causing the noise. Also new oil and filter may help it could be the small end of the crank or from the camshaft.

The kzn engine is normally excellent.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links