Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Im New And Need A Cd Player For My Yaris!

terry6680

Hi, im looking into getting a cd player for my Yaris 1.0l, T reg, as all i have in there at the moment is a standard tape player which looks built into the main console itself! I was wondering if there is a cd player that will fit into this place instead, also, does anyone know if i have to buy an official toyota yaris cd player from a dealer to replace the tape player?

If so, does anyone have any for sale?

Cheers

Terry

Just get 1 put under the tape deck like mine!!!

Headunit.jpg

I can make pictures big now bout time 2!!!

:thumbsup:

so basically, can i buy a normal cd player and fit it into the small area underneath, i suppose i will need to cut the back out etc! Dont know much about re wiring cd players, i was hoping it would just plug out and the cd player could just plug straight in like other cars iv had before!!

Clam down Terry! There is a very detailed walk through in the Workshop Submission part of this website! It is quite strait forward 2 do! Sum wont fit without cuttin away at the dash bit tho, most Sony's seem 2 fit tho!

Also can u update ur location if possible, just click my controls bit up the top! Sum1 from this website mite even offer u sum help if there nearby, we're all very nice people here, we don't bite :lol:

:thumbsup:

hi go to Halfords and get a sony t69 cd changer it works off the standard controls you will need to get the lead as well ,it plugs into the back of the cassette ,if you go to the how to section it will tell you how to take the dash out . i have done this job and it is easy , i mounted my changer under the parcel shelf ,i run the cables under the n/s door sill then in behind the side paneling , brought the cables out the top of the cover for the shock looks great and out the road of things in the boot if needing info contact me :thumbsup:

Ive fitted a cd player under the tape and radio. The forum has detailed information on how to do this. it's quite simple. Just click the how to button and it will show you a list of things available. But if you choose a cd player not changer, your tape and radio thats in will not work, you need to unplug that to work the cd player.

yeah i was wondering if the tape player would cease to work, i thought it might be a simple case of taking the leads etc from the back of the tape player and putting them into the new cd player, obvoiusly not then!