Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange Problem Please Help

buddybutweiser

Hi, i have a carina e 1998 but due to me not having a !Removed! clue what i am doing i think i have cocked up somewhere and your help would be most appreciated.

When i bought the car there was no sterio or plug connector, just a load of wires taped up at the ends. I decided to mess with them and try and wire a sterio up but to no avail. Now the problem i have caused is very strange, the digital clock only works when all doors are closed, as soon as one is opened the clock switches off, when closed again the clock resets itself to 1pm everytime, also no interior lights work at all regardless if doors open or not. The cigarette lighter works fine.

I have replaced every fuse in the fusebox underneath the steering wheel but the problem is still there.

As things stand at the moment all sterio wires are taped back up and none are joined to anything

Please please help, i promise not to mess again lol

For a guess, it could be earthing somewhere within the mess of wiring, hence the clock not working, but that should blow the fuse, very odd

This would be really hard to diagnose over a forum,my best advice would be to find someone who has a multi metre and knows how to use it and buy him a few of drinks to sort it and fit your stereo.

Hi, i have a carina e 1998 but due to me not having a !Removed! clue what i am doing i think i have cocked up somewhere and your help would be most appreciated.

When i bought the car there was no sterio or plug connector, just a load of wires taped up at the ends. I decided to mess with them and try and wire a sterio up but to no avail. Now the problem i have caused is very strange, the digital clock only works when all doors are closed, as soon as one is opened the clock switches off, when closed again the clock resets itself to 1pm everytime, also no interior lights work at all regardless if doors open or not. The cigarette lighter works fine.

I have replaced every fuse in the fusebox underneath the steering wheel but the problem is still there.

As things stand at the moment all sterio wires are taped back up and none are joined to anything

Please please help, i promise not to mess again lol

sounds like you've lost your +b feed.. the power from your dome fuse under the bonnet. check for a 12v permenant feed to the clock you should have 2 feeds a ign feed and a +b. if you've lost the dome fuse feed the interior light radio and clock will be affected

You see that's where i lose it with electrics you could have written that in Japanese and i would still be no wiser :)